• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Door Panel Fit Problem

doubleyellow

Reaction score
I had to replace my passenger 70 challenger door with a 71. My original door panel does not seem to fit properly on the 71 door, especially in the upper front corner area. I looked at my 70 door and the sheet metal contours do look a bit different. Can anyone confirm my issue? Thanks

Adam

Reaction score
I don't think there is a difference there, although the window wipe / seals may attach differently.

doubleyellow

Reaction score
I'm only asking because my panel doesn't fit right, and I also saw a guy was looking for a 1971 Challenger pass door. Thought that strange if 70 and 71 would be the same.

Grady Cain

Reaction score
1970 is one year only. The difference is that there are 2 slots cut at the top and bottom of each end (4 total) to allow for fit around the upper and lower curves of the door structure (see photo showing the 1970 panel with slots vs. a 1971-4 panel without.) You can easily replicate the slots by carefully cutting them in at the right locations which should help them fit properly. Other than the slots, the rest of the door panel is identical cosmetically. Hope this helps...

20161204_125600.jpg

Back