• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Door window & mechanism for 71 Cuda are all e body the same?

Sebring360

Reaction score
New guy and pround owner of an 71 Barracuda
Car is currently set up with Lexan windows ( former Drag car)
I want to put door windows back in- need every thing - tracks- regulator -windows
do Challenger and cudas interchange?
Thanks
Greg

cuda 71 064.JPG

Reaction score
70 and early 71 cars had different vertical window tracks and the "slides" attached to the glass. 70 are round sliders or guides and later ones are square, so that's why the track is different. The actual glass is the same 70-74. The regulators are different from Cuda to challenger. The rear quarter glass is also different Cuda to challenger. Good luck

quapman

Reaction score
The biggest difference in the regulators is the length of the stem that the crank attaches to. Don't ask me how I know....

Sebring360

Reaction score
70 and early 71 cars had different vertical window tracks and the "slides" attached to the glass. 70 are round sliders or guides and later ones are square, so that's why the track is different. The actual glass is the same 70-74. The regulators are different from Cuda to challenger. The rear quarter glass is also different Cuda to challenger. Good luck
Thanks for ur help

Moparparts

Reaction score
There are numerous differences in the guides, stabilizers and stops for the different years 70-74 including some being different from Cuda to Challenger. The horizontal slider track has at least 5 if not 6 different part numbers for the 70-74 and the regulators do as well. You should get the correct glass/tracks/regulators and fasteners to match the year of your doors for correct fit and alignment. The glass is also made with different holes in later from early years to be able to access these guides, stabilizers, track fasteners and stops. I should have most if not all of those pieces you would need for a 71 Barracuda in good used condition. Send me a message for details if interested.

Back