• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

E-Body Steering Column Video Part 2 (Disassembly)

C O D Y

Reaction score
Part 2 of 4 of a "How-To" series about E-Body Steering columns. This video is a step by step guide of the disassembly of an E-Body Steering column. Including where find and how to read the date codes.

moparlee

Reaction score
Great step by step video Cody, just watched it. There is a lot of "stuff" going on in these steering columns and you can see why things can go wrong sometimes. Looks like you have worked on a few of them.

C O D Y

Reaction score
Glad you watched it. I'll post the final 2 soon. I'm sure anyone that wants to restore their own column to a high level can do it. :) I'm also only a quick message or phone call away if you get stuck and need help.

gdrill

Reaction score
I don't watch very many videos or do you tube too often, but that was 22 minutes well spent! Thank you Cody, I'm anxiously awaiting the next of the series. As stated above, looks like you have a very good handle on these!

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Wish you would have posted that a couple years ago, LOL . Went into mine blind. Good video

C O D Y

Reaction score
rbbruno3 How did your column turn out? They are not hard if you take your time.

rbbruno3

Reaction score
It turned out good ,just wish now I'd sprung for the better turn signal switch instead of the China one or just kept the original with the roller.Oh well not coming apart now. My car is prostreet so its not original color either. I painted column and dash frame in gloss. Should have taken better pics too. Hard to see in this one.

IMG_1038.jpeg

Back