• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

,Finally got an e-body!! Take a look!

crazyhawk

Reaction score
I'm so thrilled to finally join all of you as an e-body owner. I got this '73 Challenger Rallye with the original 340 4barrel and 727automatic. I love the JA5 Dark Silver Metallic. I know the bright colors are a hit, but sometimes the more subtle colors are ok too. I found the broadcast sheet under the rear seat and it looks like confetti but I pieced it all together and it's legible. I put it in the Readers' Rides section of the Sept. issue of Muscle Car Review. Unfortunately, right after that I dropped a valve. I had the motor rebuilt and added a bigger cam, KB pistons, bored it .030 over, put on an Edelbrock carb and an upgraded electronic ignition. $$$. Maybe it was a good thing because now I can trust it when I go to car shows around Ohio and Michigan. Hope to meet some of you at a show. There's so much to learn about these awesome cars!!
101_7460 (2)_LI.jpg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Awesome car, love that color! I can't wait to see it at a Michigan car show.
Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

70Hardtop

Reaction score
Really great looking car buddy! Love that colour with the black roof and hood stripe, and looks to be well optioned too, everything is "right" about it from what you say - original 340, that is a great PLUS. But how did it drop a valve? Did a collet fail? That's scary. I bet it made a huge bang, then change the underwear etc. Your car is the same as mine except for colour, and mine was a four speed. Never much liked the 'speed strobing' coming from the side though. Hope you enjoy it.

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO and very nice looking ride. Always liked that color on a Challenger, called gunmetal in 71 but might have been a little lighter.

crazyhawk

Reaction score
Really great looking car buddy! Love that colour with the black roof and hood stripe, and looks to be well optioned too, everything is "right" about it from what you say - original 340, that is a great PLUS. But how did it drop a valve? Did a collet fail? That's scary. I bet it made a huge bang, then change the underwear etc. Your car is the same as mine except for colour, and mine was a four speed. Never much liked the 'speed strobing' coming from the side though. Hope you enjoy it.

crazyhawk

Reaction score
It did sound like an explosion, then I heard all the antifreeze gurgling into the block through the cracked head. I felt sick. Luckily, we found an original matching head for it. Also had to sleeve one cylinder. Let's say it was an education!

mpdlawdog

Reaction score
Love the color and looks like a nice ride! Im from central Ohio....maybe we will cross paths!

crazyhawk

Reaction score
View attachment 33927 Thanks. It is a cool shade. I know the later challengers are kind of the least popular e body, but I like 'em. Wouldn't mind throwing on some Cragar rims and fatties out back. It would be like high school again.

Last edited:

mjb765

Reaction score
Welcome to the site and congrats on the new ride!!

midnitedeputy

Reaction score
I'm so thrilled to finally join all of you as an e-body owner. I got this '73 Challenger Rallye with the original 340 4barrel and 727automatic. I love the JA5 Dark Silver Metallic. I know the bright colors are a hit, but sometimes the more subtle colors are ok too. I found the broadcast sheet under the rear seat and it looks like confetti but I pieced it all together and it's legible. I put it in the Readers' Rides section of the Sept. issue of Muscle Car Review. Unfortunately, right after that I dropped a valve. I had the motor rebuilt and added a bigger cam, KB pistons, bored it .030 over, put on an Edelbrock carb and an upgraded electronic ignition. $$$. Maybe it was a good thing because now I can trust it when I go to car shows around Ohio and Michigan. Hope to meet some of you at a show. There's so much to learn about these awesome cars!!View attachment 33738
Hey welcome aboard.... I'm knew here myself.... I'm from outside of Columbus.... where are located at??

rolling_thunder

Reaction score
Welcome - your car looks like mine's twin... granted mine is a dilapidated state... mine was a 1973 Rallye car as well... 340 / Auto with 3.23SG --- body was JA5 with black strobe stripes, black bucket interior, black vinyl top

djais1801

Reaction score
great color!! if you're thinking wheel change...black steelies would be sinister with raised white letters. in my opinion. i had 275 60's on the rear of my 73 cuda and it filled the wheel well nicely

Back