• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

First time Owner, 70 Challenger

Jblake

Reaction score
Hi all,

Im 22. Finally just got a challenger this weekend. I have background in auto collision repair. Got a certificate in it but mainly specialize in Restoring tractors. Wanted to branch out do something different and always dreamed of having a mopar like my father. He has a 74 road runner restored. So i picked up this 70 Challneger, base model. originally a 318 but now has a 340 X head motor out of a Barracuda Formula S. Car has 26k on odometer. Texas car so pretty clean, needs floor pans and dutchmans panel. In completly new territory so any help or advice is much appreciated as i start into this thing. Just a little at a time. Interior is tore apart from previous owner and in pretty rough shape. Going to start there by replacing floor pans and then putting it back together. Wanting to make the car a dailey drive in primer for awhile. Any good manuals or books or info sites? Biggest thing is i wont know how to put interior back together since i didnt take it apart. Rest of car is good shape. little bondo found on both front fenders is all. Factory disc brake car and A/C. Originally Yellow.

Jblake

Reaction score
A few photos

IMG_0302.JPG

IMG_0303.JPG

IMG_0304.JPG

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Nice, welcome to the site from the Motor City! You'll want to get a factory service manual for your car for sure. They're available through eBay.

moparleo

Reaction score
Welcome. Get a factory service manual on cd. This allows you to look up what you want to know, print those pages and take them out to the car. When finished, throw it away. This way you don't damage your manual. Take lots of pictures. You can go back through our postings for info on just about everything you will need to know on restoring items, where parts go and so on. On items that still need to be removed, bag them and tag them and take pictures.

Rdwsp

Reaction score
Welcome from northern Michigan have fun be patient send pics along the way and do big smoky burnouts

mopar steve

Reaction score
Welcome and Good Luck with the new Challenger , 70 Challenger 318 auto was my first car and it sucked me into this Mopar Madness as I'm sure will happen to you, Good Luck

Back