• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Got some history on my car from the previous owner

djais1801

Reaction score
So...I found my car from a guy that stores muscle cars in the winter. I was never able to speak to the seller which was the gamble I took. Took a long shot and reached back out to the storage guy and asked him to reach out to the past owner for me...explaining that I loved the car but wanted more history, if he could/would call me.
The previous owner called me back and got some good history. He is a GM guy that owned a few body shops in ny state. He has a few C2 & C3 Vettes... A few Camaros...and a 65 tripower gto+ a 12 car garage. Anyway, he has known the Cuda for over 30 years locally. His friend owned it and he always asked him to sell it to him. It was originally Red with black guts and the white longitudinal stripe. Well that "friend" let it sit out and waste away for about 10 years-with the drivetrain in his basement . The 2nd owner finally "gave" it to my seller.
He redid the entire car with AMD panels. The hood, roof,radiator support, and trunk lid are the only things that were born with the car (as well as drivetrain).
He rebuilt the engine to 1970 specs. He told me the 4 speed trans is original also.
He has pictures of it sitting in the yard...and throughout the restoration process.
He's going to email them to me. unfortunately he never saw the build sheet or fender tag. Looking forward to getting these pictures...he's an older guy who isn't computer savvy...so I'm not sure how long it will take to get.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
That's great news! I've recently gotten in touch with one of the past owners from the mid '80s of my '68 RR and am very excited about it, already got some great pictures of it in fact.

djais1801

Reaction score
I may offer to drive back up there to visit him 2+ hours...maybe i'll get to see what else he has.

Back