• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Ignition Switch/Blower Motor

bad1cuda

Reaction score
I purchased my 1970 Challenger in 2009. It sat 20 years in AZ desert before I got it. Yesterday I finally got to make some noise with it. It starts and runs fine. I put a 440 with 727 in it. I replaced the engine wire harness. I installed electronic ignition. I have a weird problem. The only time the ignition switch works is if I push any of the buttons on the AC/Heater control. If I push the off button, the ignition does not work. I have traced wires, everything looks really good under the dash. I don't see anything that has been spliced or messed with. Any ideas? Thanks.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
cool anti theft feature !! I assume the power is interrupted somehow feeding the ignition switch but throught the A/C controls makes no sense to me

moparleo

Reaction score
Sounds like the ignition power source wire is somehow being powered up by the blower motor circuit. Disconnect all the wires to the ignition, a/c controller. Check the connections with a test light, Volt/Ohm meter or whatever you have on hand. Check wiring to fuse box. Some thing is shorting or connected incorrectly.

Last edited:

bad1cuda

Reaction score
I think the neutral safety switch and the blower are on the same bulkhead connector. I will check there first then unhook everything like you are saying. Thanks.

Back