• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Master cylinder cover/gasket?

shadango

Reaction score
Need to replace the master cylinder cover and gasklet on my 72 fish....cant find one anywhere so far....figured I would go chrome while I was at it...

Any ideas for finding one? If I could at least find a new gasket.....mine is leaking and I cant proceed with bleeding brakes and such til I get one...

Thanks!

beepahh

Reaction score
try Jacks Mopar Parts in Howell NJ

shadango

Reaction score
I tried everywhere I could find......some folks had the disk/drum master cylinder cover gasket, but not the drum/drum gasket.

I ended up buying a whole new (reman) master cylinder from Autozone for $16. Supposed to come with bleeder tubes too....and a lifetime warranty. The gaskets for teh disk/drum units were like $9 plus shipping.

My master cylinder seems to have maybe been leaking at the shaft anyways....so swapping out the entire unit just made sense.

I pick up the unit today, along with a new 9reman) alternator....

beepahh

Reaction score
you know that will work but not correct for the car.....i like things original to many wrong cars out there and the younger people will not know the difference just my opinion but good it is resolved later......

shadango

Reaction score
Yeah, I dont want to just jam any part on the car tha twill work...if its reasonable cost-wise I will try to use the right parts.....

Of course, I wont pay $200 for a "correct" part that I can get a substitute for at $25 either......My car is meant to be a driver right now....

burntorange70

Reaction score
Yeah, I dont want to just jam any part on the car tha twill work...if its reasonable cost-wise I will try to use the right parts.....

Of course, I wont pay $200 for a "correct" part that I can get a substitute for at $25 either......My car is meant to be a driver right now....

Good to here you found one that will work. Don't let the purists give you a hard time. It is your car have fun with it.

Back