• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Muscle Car Nationals aka MCACN II Gearing Up for 2010

Bashton

Reaction score
I am pleased to announce that we are off and running making plans for the 2010 edition of the Muscle Car & Corvette Nationals, aka "MCACN" show, which will take place November 20-21, 2010, and I want to start getting the word out.

Hopefully everyone saw the coverage in Musclecar Enthusiast and Muscle Car Review this month of the 2009 show.

We need your help in spreading the word, as the show is very expensive to produce, and we need lots of spectators to make it work. We feel we have set the standard with a show that offers a great (and safe) location, excellent access, protection from the elements and much more. We are dedicated to what we all love, that being Muscle Cars, dealer-built Supercars and all things related to them. We feel we are unique in this aspect and will remain true to this theme, even more now then ever.

We have a fantastic Judging team, with many of the country's most respected experts in their fields for the various makes and models coming in from various states to be a part of our team. Among our Mopar Judges; Ken Mosier and Jim Reinhart.

Here are some of the special displays we have in the works;

Mr. Norms Garage display; The Mr. Norms Garage crew returns as one of our primary sponsors and they will have a huge display featuring Mr. Norms cars from 1968-2010 with some very special unveilings in the works. YES, the man himself, Mr. Norm will be at the show!

1970 Invitational Display; as we all know, '70 was a pinnacle year for the Muscle Car. We are looking for the "Top Dogs" from each manufacturer. My wish-list includes; a Hemi Superbird, LS6 Chevelle, Rebel Machine, Ram Air IV GTO or Firebird, an outstanding Challenger or Charger R/T, a CJ Cougar or Cyclone, an R-Code Ford, a Buick GSX and several others. If you own an outstanding example of one of these cars, or have a possible candidate, please let me know. Update; looks like we have will have several prime Mopars for this; stay tuned for details.

Shelby Snakepit II: With the incredible response we receieved with our first Shelby Snakepit display, we have decided to again host a gathering of Mr. Shelby's finest creations.

Motion Madness; Marty Schorr suggested we top what was done several years ago, and with his assistance and encouragement, I believe we can do it. If you own or know of any REAL Baldwin-Motions cars, please help us make some history.

Buick Stage 2 Special Display; we have confirmed this one! This special display will feature not just one, but TWO authentic, documented factory Buick Stage 2 cars along with a collection of related Stage 2 parts and memorabilia. These are the ONLY factory authorized Stage 2 cars ever built, and seeing them up close will indeed be a rare treat. This is a collection that may never again be shown under one roof. Many of you may have read the article featuring the stories of these cars and their development in a recent issue of Muscle Car Review.

Hemi Challenger display; many of you saw the amazing "El Hemi" Challenger which was shown by the Escalante family at our inuagural show. Well...the only thing better would be to have the El Hemi sitting beside yet another amazing Hemi N94 equipped Challenger. This will be an amazing display!

Midget Racer display; Dr. Ken Kadziela will be hosting a very special display featuring a circle of vintage Midget Racers. This is certainly a differant kind of muscle that is a whole lot of fun and rarely seen. We want to keep things interesting, so this is one way to do it!

This is just the beginning of what we feel will again set the standard. As always, if you have any suggestions, please feel free to get a hold of me any time. [email protected] or call (586) 549-5291.

More to follow!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
Bob Ashton
Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals, LLC
Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

Last edited:

Bashton

Reaction score
I am happy to announce our newest Sponsor, The Finer Details, will be joining us with some awesome Mopars.

Ken Mosier and his crew have been producing outstanding restorations for years and I am sure most of you already know of them. We are truly honored to have them as a big part of the show!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

Bashton

Reaction score
Once again, I am happy to announce another fine sponsor that many of you know; Keisler Engineering!

Shafi Keisler and his crew had a neat display at our inaugural show, complete with the wild "Kuda" and I can't wait to see all their new stuff this year.

Many Thanks to our sponsors; Please support them as they make what we do possible.

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

Bashton

Reaction score
The Mopar response has been exactly what I want; awesome!!

We have confirmed Hemi and 6 bbl Convertibles for the "Class of 1970" Invitational display, several wing cars and some amazing E-bodies for the show.

Keep 'em coming!

We will be hitting the Power Tour (Long Haul) to spread the word about the show, so if you see a Yellow Hornet, please introduce yourself!

Bob Ashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

Bashton

Reaction score
Here is an update;

The Mopar response has been nothing short of amazing. We now have several Superbirds, the only Mr. Norms sold Daytona, a variety of Hemi and 440+ 6 cars, including several convertibles, some amazing E and B-bodies including some fantastic Challenger T/A's and several AAR Cuda's and some real surprises.

Ken Mosier and The Finer Details crew will be showing an incredible variety of cars including a freshly restored Superbird and a '68 Hemi Charger that is being finished up now, several other beautiful Hemi cars and some really rare Mopars, along with a '69 Trans Am.

We also have more than a dozen AMC's signed up.

The Chicagoland Mopar group will also be hosting an amazing display that just keeps getting better and better.

Our new 48 page Car Show Guide magazine is being finished up this week and will be available (for free) at the end of the month. If you would like one, just provide your mailing address and we will send it out, fresh off the presses. Send your address to [email protected]

As always, any questions, idea's or suggestions, let me know!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

Bashton

Reaction score
Our Car Show Guide magazine is finally on the presses. If you would like to recieve a FREE copy, e-mail your address and I will put one in the mail for you, or pick one up at the Indian Uprising show July 30/August 1 in St. Charles, IL, the Gibb Reunion in LaHarpe, IL the weekend after or at the Mopar Nats august 13-15 in the Auto Know or the Mr. Norms displays in the midway. [email protected]

Thanks;

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

Bashton

Reaction score
Our Mopar participation and response is nothing short of outstanding. Hemi, 440+6, 440, 426, 413, 383, 340, 273...they are all in there, from a 1955 C300 all the way to the latest creations from Mr. Norms Garage.

If you are into Mopars, please don't miss the show November 20-21, it is going to be incredible!

If anyone has any questions, suggestions or idea's, please let me know; [email protected]

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

Back