• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Need help with Bucket Seat Back Stops

BriceRoad

Reaction score
My bucket seats have never sat correctly. Years ago I noticed the plastic thing on the bottom of the seat was missing. I bought some at a car show and now that the car is apart and I am trying to fix it.
The screws that were in the seat were rusted in and hard to get out but I got them out. They are a little chewed up but they don't fit in the plastic stops. I think even if they were new they wouldn't fit. I
found a thread on for A bodies only that shows what they are supposed to look like. You can see that here: Help with Bucket Seat Assembly
Any ideas how the screw goes in there? I think if I force it it will break the plastic. Also my latches are very worn out. Does anyone sell the latches?

seatbackstop (3).JPG

seatbackstop (2).JPG

Chally

Reaction score
I just rebuilt my seats a couple of months ago. The screw looks correct to me. I had to use a vise to press the screws into the nylon bumpers. Try Roseville Moparts, they have new latches.

BriceRoad

Reaction score
I grinded down the sides of the screw a little because the vice grip had chewed it up and then I sanded it with emery cloth but I still couldn't get it in. A lot of places sell the reproduction screws but no one has them in stock. I will try using a press. Thank you very much for the suggestions.

BriceRoad

Reaction score
Thank you very much. I will place an order today. I wish they had the screws in stock.

gtx6970

Reaction score
Boil some water . Remove from the stove.
Then drop the plastic stops in the hot water for a few minutes.
Remove from water and Then press the studs into them

BriceRoad

Reaction score
Thank you very much. We tired (sparingly) using a heat gun and it worked like a charm. I just put the bolt in a vice (top side up), didn't tighten it and tapped the plastic thing down gently with a hammer. They both went right on.

Back