• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Neighbors Sue Man for Working on Cars in His Garage

Joeychgo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You'd think most people would love having a neighbor who loves working on cars for others, especially if that neighbor has his own lift. After all, car maintenance and repair gets expensive quickly, and minimizing labor costs is an easy way to save a ton of money. But Charles Williams' neighbors don't agree, and over the last six years, they've tried to stop him from doing exactly that.

Video of the story

Rest of the article: Neighbors Sue Man for Working on Cars in His Garage

340challconvert

Reaction score
That is a scary story when you are threatened to be unable to work on your own or friends cars on your own property.
The guy builds his dream garage and the busy body neighbors are trying to stop him from having fun with something that he enjoys.
I only have my two car garage that directly faces a suburban street and I worry about someone giving me a hard time as I work on my own car.
Hope it works well for this guy!
Dino2 (1).gif

challenger6pak

Reaction score
It's that bad where I am. Palm Beach County Code is so bad here that it was mentioned in the debate last night . Lol.

Wallace: Wasn't some of the money used to settle your lawsuit, sir?

Trump: No, we put up the American flag and that's it. They put up the American flag. We fought for the right in Palm Beach to put up the American flag.

Wallace: There was a penalty that was imposed by Palm Beach county --

Trump: There was, there was and by the way, the money went to fisher house where they build houses, the money that you're talking about went to fisher house where they build houses for veterans and disabled veterans.

Last edited:

Adam

Reaction score
My dickhead neighbor called the fire dept on me because I sprayed a transmission with degreaser and hosed it off; the water was in the gutter. The Fire captain gave me a warning... the degreaser was biodegradable; I was drinking a diet coke at the time and he told me that even pouring diet coke in the gutter was illegal... my neighbor could have just asked me directly to clean it up...

rklein71

Reaction score
Some subdivision covenant restrictions do not allow you to work on your car, regardless where, on your property. The courts have routinely sided with the covenants in matters like this. You have to know what you are getting into when you buy your house.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Some subdivision covenant restrictions do not allow you to work on your car, regardless where, on your property. The courts have routinely sided with the covenants in matters like this. You have to know what you are getting into when you buy your house.
True. I have no problem with people wanting communities like that. You can choose to live there or not. What happened here is that it was suddenly without warning forced on people in a county that is larger than some states in the US. Imagine if tomorrow you received a $300 ticket for changing a tire in your drive or for changing a plug in your drive. One day no one worried about the car covered in your drive and the next day it was red tagged and they were taking it. A lot of law suits were filed and it isn't too bad anymore. Just like the people in the article it cost a lot of money for us to get left alone here also.

michael

Reaction score
somehow this guy must have made these busybody women mad somehow that we are not being told

rklein71

Reaction score
True. I have no problem with people wanting communities like that. You can choose to live there or not. What happened here is that it was suddenly without warning forced on people in a county that is larger than some states in the US. Imagine if tomorrow you received a $300 ticket for changing a tire in your drive or for changing a plug in your drive. One day no one worried about the car covered in your drive and the next day it was red tagged and they were taking it. A lot of law suits were filed and it isn't too bad anymore. Just like the people in the article it cost a lot of money for us to get left alone here also.

Wasn't trying to argue, I agree with you. I would be mad as hell if my city/county tried to do this.

Avalanche

Reaction score
Certain neighborhoods have a gated community. If you choose to live in that community then you have to obey the laws that the community sets forth. It could state that no cars are left on the street or no trucks or no working on cars.
I would never live in that kind of community since I hate regulation

seneca

Reaction score
From the video there seems to be a fair amount of acreage on each homeowners property so that the garage guy isn't stacked up against a neighbor's house. Doesn't seem to be any major violations of city ordinances to speak of either. These two busybodies need to mind their own damned business. Think how many nice vacations they could have enjoyed with that $40,000 they've spent because their panties are in a wad.

Back