• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New Guy Saying Hi and trying to trace history/ owners on my 71 challenger from the Uk

wolfman

Reaction score
Hi, the names Mike from the UK, saying Hi. I am trying to get advice on tracing the history and owners on my '71 challenger she is a 318ci with 904 torqueflite. An original plum crazy car with vinyl top and should have a white accent stripe. The vin is JH23G1B424082. all I know is it was registered in the UK about 1976, so must have got here before that and I believe came over with a serving officer ( I don't think privates were allowed to bring cars with them). As you know online searches are useless for vin history, so I am putting this thread up to see if you guys have any idea's. I would dearly love to trace the history, while I am dealing with an ongoing a health problem. With some old paperwork I found reference to a number on the registration form NB7202 ,what this means I don't know. There should be a picture on here too. I look forward to any help or advise anyone might be able to offer me.
challenger.jpg

challenger.jpg

js29

Reaction score
NB7202 could have been a license plate number, but from what state? but any way welcome to the site and good luck with your search. in the military they registered there cars in there home state and the car was ware ever they were stationed.

moparleo

Reaction score
Welcome aboard Mike. Not much in the way of tracing your car down. Back 40 years ago these were just regular cars and was before the computer age. There are registries for special cars like the T/A's or the Hemi cars. Otherwise it is pretty tough to do especially being over there. Good luck though. Some one else may be of more help.

wolfman

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys. I have been into classic cars since i could stand on two feet, and have never had the good fortune to know the past history on my previous rides. So this is a bit of a mission for me as it does not have a build sheet either, I have nothing to lose trying thanks again

Back