• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New Shocks to short

72golddustermike

Reaction score
Bought new shocks Gabriel #82131 seem to be short by an inch. Jack car up by rear end to put all weight on it but still to short.

burntorange70

Reaction score
Well that sucks. They do make shock extenders but if you can return them for a longer set that's what I would do.

Daves69

Reaction score
Bought new shocks Gabriel #82131 seem to be short by an inch. Jack car up by rear end to put all weight on it but still to short.

Well, guess you need a longer shock.

But why??

You really need to give more background on this for quality help.

What are ya' working on?

What research have you done as yet?

Has the suspension been altered such as SS springs installed?

Do the shocks meet the manufacture specs???

js29

Reaction score
Did you take A pair of shocks out, or was this car someone eases project you bought? if you have A shock that did fit A, how well does it match up to the new one. B, there should be A part number on it. maybe A good counter man at A part's store can help figure out what you have or need.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Bought new shocks Gabriel #82131

I am looking to buy rear shocks for my 70 Challenger and checked Rock Auto and other sites for my own car. The 82131 is the correct rear Garbriel shock for ebodies.
Gabriel catalog also has shock specs. May be this info could help?
Daves69 talked about suspension changes; this could be the case especially if springs were updated.

Dino2 (1).gif

Last edited:

js29

Reaction score
been there, enjoyed that. number on box does not match the number on the part! glad you caught it.

Back