• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Radiator recommendations needed (in europe)

Kuro

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

So my mechanic told me my radiator is leaking transmission fluid. I seem to have a cooler with combined water and transmission fluid cooling. Now the mechanic said there was someone trying to "fix" this already but made it worse or at least made it harder to actually really repair.

I was thinking about getting a new aluminum one plus a seperate transmission cooler.. Maybe someone can recommend something to me in terms of radiator? I don't care about originality that much.. But it should be reliable and fit without or with minimal modifications compared to the stock one.

And it should be available in europe. Anyone have tried the cheap ebay ones, for example "wizard cooling"? I know on some newer cars they actually work great.

sixpactogo

Reaction score
All of our cars with automatic transmissions used a radiator with cooling tubes for the transmission fluid. a radiator repair shop should be able to fix or replace that connector. Which ever radiator you replace it with will need to be for an automatic transmission.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
If the radiator is not leaking and it is cooling, just put a stand alone transmission cooler on. Unless you just want to get a new radiator. the brass ones hold up better.

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
U.S. Radiator sells some nice Copper Brass radiators. I would do like Challenger RTA said if you’re gonna run an external cooler anyway.

Kuro

Reaction score
If the radiator is not leaking and it is cooling, just put a stand alone transmission cooler on. Unless you just want to get a new radiator. the brass ones hold up better.
This might sound stupid of me, but at that moment I didn't even think of that. Of course, it's only the ATF part that's leaking. So I could just get a seperate oil cooler for that and leave the connectors of the integrated one blind.. That would be the most cost efficient solution I think. Plus one less weak point, I don't like the idea of a combined unit anyways.. Thanks, I'll talk to my mechanic about that (can't or rather shouldn't do stuff with fluids myself because of stupid regulations and insane fines for doing fluid related stuff on cars in your own garage).

mrmopar340

Reaction score
This might sound stupid of me, but at that moment I didn't even think of that. Of course, it's only the ATF part that's leaking. So I could just get a seperate oil cooler for that and leave the connectors of the integrated one blind.. That would be the most cost efficient solution I think. Plus one less weak point, I don't like the idea of a combined unit anyways.. Thanks, I'll talk to my mechanic about that (can't or rather shouldn't do stuff with fluids myself because of stupid regulations and insane fines for doing fluid related stuff on cars in your own garage).
You can buy a 6 pass Derale fluid cooler with a fan built in. I would run a air cooler and then plumb it to the Derale before it goes back to the transmission. Def don't want it hot and burning the bands up. I myself would try and find a radiator and get a Derale if I were running and automatic.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Yeah. I know all Government's think all of us are idiots and we don't know how to blow or nose. I'll bet there is some kind of tax that goes along with that regulation.

Back