• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Trying to track USA previous owner

garp

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just a longshot here, but thought I'd try ....
A year ago I purchased an imported 1974 Dodge Challenger hardtop in Sublime Green, it was supplied to me with little history other than plates with "Vermont" on them and a door tag from Connecticut.
It had left the Hamtramck factory in a deep darker green with white vinyl roof and buckets, 2-barrel 318 but now is Sublime Green, black vinyl roof, interior and buckets, 4-barrel and a 340.
I'm guessing this was quite a resto' project for someone, possibly done in the Vermont area and I'm keen to see if I can find that person and get some info on the car.
I use it here in the UK with great pride, and love every minute of driving it, and I'm guessing that anyone who would put this amount of time into a car wouldn't just jump "mopar" ship ..... perhaps he/she is doing another E-body as we speak.
As I said, its a longshot .....
thanks
garp

image.jpeg

moparlee

Reaction score
I assume you have already talked to the person who you purchased the car from. It depends upon the state, but you might check with the DMV in Vermont and Connecticut. In the past there were some states that would check for a VIN number in their system. Good luck in your search.

jeff968

Reaction score
I live in CT and it is a non-title state for cars older then 25 years. Not sure CT DMV will be much help. What does the door tag say?

garp

Reaction score
Hi, so the guy I bought it from got it from another guy who just brings cars in to sell off and make money. He knew nothing and sadly the car has no paperwork other than the VIN and the Connecticut door "tax" tag. That coupled with Vermont plates and a last registered in New York sticker inside the window ......
I know, REAL longshot, but someone took a heap of old Chally and did a nice job on it - there's still stuff to be done as it aint no show car. Could do with new rear deck filler and perhaps a new boot floor but they are just showing bubbles here and there.
I'd be surprised if it'd have lasted 42 years in Vermont - I'm told the climarte is very English !
I photo the door tag - maybe it'll mean more to you than me.

jeff968

Reaction score
I've lived in CT my entire life. I have no idea what a CT tax tag is. We had emissions decals in windshields.

garp

Reaction score
I've lived in CT my entire life. I have no idea what a CT tax tag is. We had emissions decals in windshields.

sorry, just my "turn of phrase" because that's what we have here. It's a gold sticker on the door frame upper, drivers side. - some kind of license or registration of sorts
??????

Back