• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Vin # Factory mistakes

Cranky

Reaction score
Car does have the proper stamping on cowl and radiator support. Owner does have the original VIN for cowl, which I held in my hand and saw large holes from prior shop. Re-assembly is going along at a blazing pace. Owner is giving me updates almost every night.
Why is that part off the car? The cowl numbers are part of the sheet metal in that area....

B

Benji

Why is that part off the car? The cowl numbers are part of the sheet metal in that area....

I think he is speaking of the aluminum plate that is riveted to the dash pad panel on top of and behind the cowl that is visible through the windshield. I believe he said it was removed so a new dash pad could be installed over the existing metal portion of it. 43 years of sunshine beating down on that padding causes it to crack.

Benji

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I hope Rover gets the car. It would make a great restoration thread. Here is a Cuda and a Challenger model that are close to the car Rover is after.

1970-hemi-cuda-convertible-auction-5.jpg

12819.jpg

12819_2.jpg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
What a beautiful pair, stunning color combo for a vert! Go wing looks out of place on the Challey, maybe it's not in the right scale, being a plastic/metal model.

S-S-P

Reaction score
I would MIG up the holes & redrill or replace the panel where the VIN plate attaches.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
What a beautiful pair, stunning color combo for a vert! Go wing looks out of place on the Challey, maybe it's not in the right scale, being a plastic/metal model.
The scale is wrong and the wing is for a 71.

73 kooda

Reaction score
Best advice is to take a few minutes n speak with a police officer in your area. He'll be able to tell you te law and maybe tell you where the other vins will be on the vehicle. You basically need to make sure your title, vin and body vins all match. Not sure if Mopars have hidden vins on the frame or what not. a lot of newer cars do. I agree just fill the holes and reinstall the vin on the dash.. Doesn't the fender plate match the vin on the vehicle. If so you should have no problem proving the vehicle isn't stolen, which is all the inspection is trying to establish .

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Best advice is to take a few minutes n speak with a police officer in your area. He'll be able to tell you te law and maybe tell you where the other vins will be on the vehicle. You basically need to make sure your title, vin and body vins all match. Not sure if Mopars have hidden vins on the frame or what not. a lot of newer cars do. I agree just fill the holes and reinstall the vin on the dash.. Doesn't the fender plate match the vin on the vehicle. If so you should have no problem proving the vehicle isn't stolen, which is all the inspection is trying to establish .
During the last few times I drove my Challenger, a Police officer complemented me on my Charger. I always go straight to DMV with questions. They make the decision on whether a car can be titled or not.

Back