• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

WTB 73 am/fm radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khuotakharma

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. Saw that one. Hoping to spend a little less up front as I plan on having it upgraded. Trying not to end up with a $1000.00 Radio. If I don't have to.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
$460 doesn't seem so bad compared to what this seller on e bay wants for the 70-71 thumb wheel am fm radio! Ouch

70 71 72 73 74 E Body Cuda Challenger AM FM THUMB WHEEL RADIO untested unknown | eBay

s-l1600.jpg

Khuotakharma

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd go a long time without one before I did that.
And no, that price is not bad for a working radio. It would be a waste to buy it and tear it apart. Sure someone out there is looking for a working e body radio. I bought an aar radio and speakers to go with it. Don't like the way it functions or the feel of the knobs and such. So I'm hoping to find a non working unit to be upgraded.

gzig5

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah, I'm looking for one too, but I think I might have to just might have to listen to engine music for a while until I find something that agrees with my wallet. AM would be fine, but who thought back in the day that all those perfectly functional AM radios we pitched in the can would be worth $500+. A good size box of them could put your kid through college (in state) for a year. Ward's in Alabama is currently out of E-body radios.

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure this will help but I have a 1972 Am radio with the floor mounted cassette deck, not a console mount. I've had it for years (like 35) I'd sell if someone needed it. The radio I can retest as it did work, the cassette deck also worked when pulled, but it ran very very slow. I don't have the microphone attachment. If anyone is interested I can supply photos and part numbers. I think it is worth around $400.
I may also have a spare AM radio, but I'd need to check to see if I still have it.

joes70rt

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sorry when I went and pulled it today to check it it is for a B Body
I made the same Mistake with a Light Bar on here yesterday
I will go look now before posting
Shame to because it works!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back