• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

electric window motor rebuild ?

tim clein

Reaction score
does anyone rebuild 70-71 electric window motors or is there a article somewhere on how to do this where to get brushes etc.? mine work but are slow and don't seem to have much power by the way these are for e body but others may be the same ? i have already lubed tracks. adjusted windows etc using fsm

DetMatt1

Reaction score
All the window motors are the same through a lot of years and all bodies. You can get new ones on eBay or maybe even Rock Auto. Just know that there are rights and lefts. I must have 20 non working motors that I can’t bring myself to throw away but I also have a bunch of working motors that I grab whenever I see them as I like to have spares for the Imperials.

tim clein

Reaction score
All the window motors are the same through a lot of years and all bodies. You can get new ones on eBay or maybe even Rock Auto. Just know that there are rights and lefts. I must have 20 non working motors that I can’t bring myself to throw away but I also have a bunch of working motors that I grab whenever I see them as I like to have spares for the Imperials.
wow ! that's great news. do i use part numbers or descriptions when searching ?

moparleo

Reaction score
Just FYI. The old cars power windows were never fast like the newer cars. Motor technology has come a long way since then. If you aren't doing a numbers resto. you can always go with a newer motor system. Faster and smoother.

tim clein

Reaction score
Just FYI. The old cars power windows were never fast like the newer cars. Motor technology has come a long way since then. If you aren't doing a numbers resto. you can always go with a newer motor system. Faster and smoother.
i guess you are right has anyone else used the newer style? do they work at least as good as they did in the old days? i am not doing a museum piece but i do want windows to work as trouble free as possible.

Back