• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Dash Fuel Gage - Wiring Question

doubleyellow

Reaction score
1970 Rallye Fuel Gauge. Owners manual confusing on whether the Dark Blue wire is connected towards the Clock or the Tach side. Please advise, thanks
IMG_0522.JPG
IMG_0523.JPG

Reaction score
I just looked at my spare 70 rally cluster, the wire color code is marked at the terminals on the back of all the gauges so you can't go wrong.

LPOneThree

Reaction score
I had the same question. The diagram shows tach side, but the back of the gauge cluster is labeled clock side. Which is correct? I'm thinking the diagram is correct

Reaction score
paharamia, that is one nasty looking amp gauge connection in the pictures of the gauge cluster, thats a good reason to get the bulkhead wiring bypass done before it get's to that stage!
Looks like that was ready to cause a dash fire!

340challconvert

Reaction score
Pulled it out of a Challenger RT I was selling for parts 35 years ago. You are right. It is a serious lesson; bypass that bulkhead amp gauge!

Dino2 (1).gif

paharamia, that is one nasty looking amp gauge connection in the pictures of the gauge cluster, thats a good reason to get the bulkhead wiring bypass done before it get's to that stage!
Looks like that was ready to cause a dash fire!

doubleyellow

Reaction score
Yes......I finally looked close.......DBL (Dark Blue) is clearly marked on the casing. Thanks guys.

Back