• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Rjscuda72

Rjscuda

Reaction score
Hi there!
I am the proud original owner of a 1972 340 'Cuda 4 speed.
I custom ordered it in January 1972 from a local Plymouth dealer in Bridgeport Ct, picked it up March 16, 1972 (still have all the original sales receipts and window stickers).
It was my daily driver for roughly two years. After Chrysler announced they were stopping production in 1974 I decided to store it and bought another car for my daily transportation. I was fortunate that my folks had an empty bay in their garage which is where the car was stored for 40 years, no climate control but it was protected from the New England elements during that period. Long story short, during the interim I got married, had three sons (all independent and doing well on their own). During the time the Cuda was in storage I WAS able to take the car out periodically for short joy rides but life always got in the way and I would park it and forget it, sometimes for a few years at a time.
Anyway, I'm retired now and want to enjoy driving it once again. my folks passed so the car is at my home in my garage now and it's time to fix all the little things I had to put off until I had more time and money to invest in it. Even though the odometer only reads ~45K miles, time, vermin and other natural elements have taken a toll on an otherwise pristine collectable.
So, why am I here? I could really use the input, tips and expertise from all you guys that have actively lived this journey over the years that I was too busy being a family man.
Thank you all for keeping this e-body train running!

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from mid Michigan. Great story and glad you were able to keep your Cuda through the years. We gotta see some pictures of it.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! I’m with these guys, your story is rare and I wan to see pics.:thumbsup:

Rjscuda

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for welcoming me to the forum and your kind comments.
Pictures to follow soon, first I have to dig the 'Cuda out of hibernation, (I'm sure you all can relate to what happens to a stored vehicle while its been in a garage for a while).
Still waiting for some residual snow to disappear here in SW Ct before the fun begins.
Dr. Mopar Script.png

Rich G.

Reaction score
Very nice. Not to many people can say the have a Cuda that they bought new!

Knock Out

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for welcoming me to the forum and your kind comments.
Pictures to follow soon, first I have to dig the 'Cuda out of hibernation, (I'm sure you all can relate to what happens to a stored vehicle while its been in a garage for a while).
Still waiting for some residual snow to disappear here in SW Ct before the fun begins.
View attachment 58309
This is as true as it gets

Back