• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Kevco Oil Pan with Hedmann Headers

gzig5

Reaction score
Anyone running a Kevco 301 pan on their smallblock with Hedmann or other "under the steering" type headers? Any fitment issues? Looks like the pan is similar in dimension to the stock pan with a more square sump section, but my headers are awful close to the stock pan so, just asking.

FLY'NFISH

Reaction score
DB10D22E-5022-4BA6-A0FF-70180C72BCA8.jpeg
I’m using that style header on my small block with the Kevco pan. There is about 3/4 of an inch space between the 2.

gzig5

Reaction score
Don't know why they would be, but I remember my header being closer than that. I put heat shield on the AT fluid lines because of it. But, it looks like it should still clear. I'll know for sure when I rescue it from the storage garage this week.

@FLY'NFISH Any issues getting your dipstick around/through the baffles? And can you comment on how much it hangs lower than a stock pan?

Last edited:

FLY'NFISH

Reaction score
I'm running a crate motor which is a stroked out 360. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful answering the other question about the dipstick. The Kevco oil pan seems to be very close to original on the height but like you said the shape is much more square. The crate motor literally bolted right up with the old headers I was running on the original 318.

Back