• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

T/A front fenders

EV2&Q5

Reaction score
My 1970 T/A has, what appears, to be rolled front fender lips. Is this the way they came from the factory to fit wider front tires? They don't appear to have been replace as the car is mostly original. And it doesn't look like a hack job. What is the general school of thought?

RJHJR

Reaction score
It's correct.
I think Hemi's and I know the 340 pkg package came with that bc of the tire size.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
original to the car.
There is some debate about these rolled fenders. I think as I have read, that the aar's and ta's were supposed to have the rolled lips but most of the time they didn't get the rolled lipped fenders. However the aar and ta fenders must have been made from the factory without the rolled lip as they did not have an antenna hole. so both are correct for aar and ta.
I've been trying to find a pair of rolled lips for some years now. (affordable).

challenger6pak

Reaction score
s-l1600-jpg.jpg

340challconvert

Reaction score
I have the same fender/s as 6pak
I picked up new NOS 624 and 625 pair of fenders in 1980.
The part numbers "correspond" with "TA Challengers with 14" wheels (which never happened)
Both of mine have this roll up and the 71 Challenger front notch.
The thought was that these were the last fenders Mopar produced as universal units for all 70-71 Challengers several years after initial production???
They were NS1 at the time and both fenders were laying in the back of two different Dodge Dealerships, so I grabbed them.
Anyway, they have this "roll"

IMG_3882.jpg

IMG_0932.JPG

fender numbers.jpg

Last edited:

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
thanks for the pics and info!
Great score!
I hope I get a shot at a pair of these or originals one day. well, cuda. But I'd take some challenger fenders. Then I'd have to find a chally to put them on.

Back