• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

WTB 70 T/A Challenger hood lip molding

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProSport

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have a new one ordered from Classic Industries but their supplier keeps delaying it each month.
I need the 70 Challenger T/A hood lip molding for a fiberglass T/A hood. Must be new or in perfect shape.

Screenshot_20190403-103325_Chrome.jpg

ProSport

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
try mrmoparts.net

Thanks. They only list one for a '71. I don't know what the difference is. Maybe someone here will have pics of how it mounts to a '70 T/A glass hood?

ProSport

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I'm not sure either. These hood moldings seem to be very hard to find.

ProHemi572

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
D9F850E8-B27D-4CF0-8AAA-07D71A95AAB9.jpeg
51E14873-F5C1-4732-9D90-C6B81670D69A.jpeg
I could use one too for my T/A hood. I’ve been thru three (3) aftermarket T/A hoods for my ‘73 to become a ‘70 T/A tribute car. Sent the first two back, hinge holes didn’t line up with factory hinges AND on one the scoop dipped a 1/4” low on the passenger front side from Year One so it kinda ‘drooped’! Got this one now & it’s AWESOME from AAR Stinger fiberglass!
I’d like to stay in the loop for the front hood molding, for sure! Scott in SC

moparlee

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could use one too for my T/A hood. I’ve been thru three (3) aftermarket T/A hoods for my ‘73 to become a ‘70 T/A tribute car. Sent the first two back, hinge holes didn’t line up with factory hinges AND on one the scoop dipped a 1/4” low on the passenger front side from Year One so it kinda ‘drooped’! Got this one now & it’s AWESOME from AAR Stinger fiberglass!
I’d like to stay in the loop for the front hood molding, for sure! Scott in SC

So are the T/A hoods actually narrower than a steel hood that it takes a shorter front molding? If it is, then there must be more gap between the hood and the fenders?

brotow

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking too.

Moulding measures 52" long, which is 1/4" shorter than the non-T/A molding, due to the fiberglass hoods being slightly narrower on the original T/A cars

ProSport

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found hood moldings on ebay, ordered it and USPS destroyed it, the seller immediately sent me another one. I'll let you know real soon how it fits on my glass T/A hood once it's painted.

ProHemi572

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are a bit shorter, but don’t remember exactly how much shorter. Just a ‘tad’ maybe?
I’d be curious how the eBay one purchased is in ‘quality’!

ProSport

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks good to me, seems to be the same material and quality as my trunk trim from Dynacorn.

brotow

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are a bit shorter, but don’t remember exactly how much shorter. Just a ‘tad’ maybe?
I’d be curious how the eBay one purchased is in ‘quality’!
Moulding measures 52" long, which is 1/4" shorter than the non-T/A molding, due to the fiberglass hoods being slightly narrower on the original T/A cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back