• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

FOR SALE 1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383, 4spd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denis

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hello All. For sale is my 1970 Challenger RT/SE. This is a two fender tag car. It was rotisserie restored in 2001. It is an original California Car that sports all of its original body panels. It is a numbers matching car. I do have a reasonable amount of documentation including a partial build sheet, copy of the California registration, restoration receipts, etc. It is an original Sublime green car with many options such as leather, AC overhead console, center console, 8 3/4 suregrip, PS, PDB, rim blow, AM/FM with dual rear speakers, Rallye cluster, 3 spd wipers, hood pins, just to name a few. The car did have belt moldings which were removed during its restoration. I believe the go-wing and stripe were added. I recently replace the clutch, PP and throughout bearing, reverse light switch, new tires and new ignition switch. The car has Mopar electronic ignition. I replaced the original 3.55 posi center with a 2.94 posi for more efficient highway driving. The original 489 case, 3.55 suregrip comes with the car. As mentioned earlier, the body is original to include the trunk pan. There have been minor repairs but very minimal. The paint looks great for its age but is not perfect. The AC is all there, belt and all. I think it requires a charge. Overall, this is a nice car that you can get in and drive. Serious inquiries please $52500.00
I also have a rare 1970 Sport Satellite, one of 26 Exec cars with 383, 4spd, AC, B5 $42K
EraLeSjnSxC+5NnXR3078w.jpg
5wRSJ32jR1u8uFvIiC816g.jpg
QGrbGArFTu29oXIpC8Ti1Q.jpg
j3ypoW8WQBubsQLa8sBT3g.jpg
Challenger16.jpeg
Challenger6.jpeg

Denis

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are correct! The body side mouldings were removed. Not a bad thing, they're ugly! Take Care

Denis

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see there are concerns regarding the fender tags on the Challenger. I have a photo of the engine compartment prior to restoration that barely shows the second tag in place. This photo was taken in 2000. I also understand that errors in fender tags were not uncommon, especially when a second tag was added. I'm not sure when reproduction fender tags began entering the system but in 2000, this car had two of them. I would be happy to provide any photos necessary to anyone interested in the car.

Culvers

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please post a better pic of the fender tag and a pic of the partial broadcast sheet

Denis

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a copy of the build sheet from back when the car was restored. I also have a copy of a CA registration from 1980. The originals were lost in the shuffle long before I obtained the car. I can add the photo of the Reg as well.

ragtopdodge

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you add air conditioning? If not (most likely), then I think your tag is wrong and most likely a repro.

Denis

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The car was rotisserie restored in 2000-2001. I have a photo or 2 of the 2 fender tags on the car prior to the resto. If they are repops as some seem to think, then they were "re-popped" prior to 2000. Not sure if they were available back then. For every person that states the tags are repops, another says they are not. The car has matching numbers, original panels and is equipped nicely. That's all that matters to me. The car did come equipped with AC

Bob A

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can u give me some background on the car and the good & bad? Im in NJ & collect muscle cars & would like to know more about yours; price/ details etc & where in NH, I travel that way occasionally. If its easier to talk send ur number & ill try to call today/ tonite thx Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back