• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Lost Registration

Cuda 0

Reaction score
Okay, I have tried everything and every site to get some information on my 1970 barracuda. I bought it 20 yrs ago with a title but lost it and I am trying to get some history on it so I can try and get a title. Every site I have tried has no history of the car or says invalid VIN # since it is only a 13 digit VIN. I purchased the car out of Columbus Ohio from a gentleman who never registered it. Does anyone have any ideas what I can do to find some history on the car? I live in Canada which makes it harder to get a registration from The States. Thanks for any and all help

Adam

Reaction score
In the U.S., some states allow AAA to handle vehicles registration. At my AAA I registered my 71 Challenger with no title, and only a bill of sale. I did have to fill out a form for a lost title. Perhaps you can do something similar....

Cuda 0

Reaction score
Which state are you in.
The other concern is that you probably have to be a resident of the state

Reaction score
I'm in BC, I was able to get my 70 Hemi Cuda registered in 1989, by having a letter from the previous owners family, and letting the local DMV see the car and check the serial numbers to make sure they weren't altered. What province are you in?
My Cuda was originally bought in Manitoba around Winnipeg and never was registered when bought new.
I'm sure there are options out there, you must have customs paper work if you brought the car to Canada

Cuda 0

Reaction score
I am in Ontario
I imported the car from the U.S.(Ohio, car was not registered when I bought it) about 20 years ago with all the paperwork. The car has been in storage for the past 20 years and I have just started to restore it. I went to register it, found the paperwork(custom papers and receipt) no registration. Currently waiting to hear from Title company in the States and another gentleman in Ontario about a Title company hear in Ontario.

Wonder Woman

Reaction score
I am in Ontario
I imported the car from the U.S.(Ohio, car was not registered when I bought it) about 20 years ago with all the paperwork. The car has been in storage for the past 20 years and I have just started to restore it. I went to register it, found the paperwork(custom papers and receipt) no registration. Currently waiting to hear from Title company in the States and another gentleman in Ontario about a Title company hear in Ontario.

Sounds like your on the right track.
Receipt and customs papers I would think would prove ownership.
Then again what do I know.
Good luck.

Back