• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Help! I'm growing up...

NJ Challenger

Reaction score
Help! I'm growing up. I got married, had a kid and have another on the way. Now all these persons are looking to ME to feed and house them! My 73 Challenger may have to go. Here's a couple pictures of my project. I've had it in my garage 20 years. I need some opinion on its value. It is a 318 with a 3speed on the floor. Originally light green metallic with green interior. I switched to lime and black. Most body work has been done but it still needs a trunk pan. Put a Holley 650 on but have the original carb and manifold. Only 80k miles. Can anyone give me a ballpark starting price? Thanks.

IMG_20180513_172610968.jpg

IMG_20180513_172903646.jpg

IMG_20180513_173024598.jpg

IMG_20180503_173110258.jpg

Wonder Woman

Reaction score
It's worth what you can get.
Never good to post or put in an add anything that sounds like you need to sell.
Your sure to get low ballers, but you really don't want to entice them.
Good luck.
I would start asking $20 k you can always come down. Never go up..

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Welcome to the site NJ . Your not going to get rich on it maybe 15. I would hang on to it . That little guy will love it when he gets a tad older. My grandson is 4 he loves our cars.:thumbsup:
Plus you’ve had it for 20 years. Keep it if you can.

moparleo

Reaction score
There is always another way. Never sell anything that you might regret. If you are not sure of what to do now, than there is your answer. Don't do it. Borrow the money or sell other stuff that you really don't need or is easy to replace.

DrEamer

Reaction score
Take it from someone who is building a Challenger to replace the ones that I had 30 years ago, keep it if you can. I sold mine and always regretted it. Now I have more money in just the replacement shell then what I sold the 2 cars for years ago. If you had it 20 years, then think how hard it will be to replace in the future as the supply of these continue to dry up. I understand about family first, but the car can be something used for special family events. Also, something that the kids will enjoy in the future. How many kids dads have a real 1973 Challenger?

NJ Challenger

Reaction score
Good luck.

NJ Challenger

Reaction score
Good luck.
Thanks for the prompt advice. Dr. Google said 20 also.

NJ Challenger

Reaction score
Welcome to the site NJ . Your not going to get rich on it maybe 15. I would hang on to it . That little guy will love it when he gets a tad older. My grandson is 4 he loves our cars.:thumbsup:
Plus you’ve had it for 20 years. Keep it if you can.
Thanks for your input RB. Giving it to my son was my original plan, but we'll see.

NJ Challenger

Reaction score
There is always another way. Never sell anything that you might regret. If you are not sure of what to do now, than there is your answer. Don't do it. Borrow the money or sell other stuff that you really don't need or is easy to replace.
Thanks. I am not sure so perhaps I will think on it.

NJ Challenger

Reaction score
Take it from someone who is building a Challenger to replace the ones that I had 30 years ago, keep it if you can. I sold mine and always regretted it. Now I have more money in just the replacement shell then what I sold the 2 cars for years ago. If you had it 20 years, then think how hard it will be to replace in the future as the supply of these continue to dry up. I understand about family first, but the car can be something used for special family events. Also, something that the kids will enjoy in the future. How many kids dads have a real 1973 Challenger?
Thanks for your advice. I'll need a bigger garage then!

Back