• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

My post was deleted

Culvers

Reaction score
I posted a comment in a "for sale" ad. It was deleted.
Reason: No commentary in for sale ads please
I understand but I want show that the fender tag of the car is a fake. This information is maybe interesting for potential buyers. Where is the right place for a comment like this?

Joeychgo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
there basically isn't. For sale threads are suppose to have relevant questions ONLY - no other commentary. While you might (or might not) be correct in this instance, I have no way to verify if you are or aren't correct nor to verify each ad. At that point it is only your opinion.

rbbruno3

Reaction score
I have no horse in this race but if you delete one you should delete them all. Unless it is a post asking the seller a question. Views on how nice it is or isn’t is also just ones opinion. And this is just my opinion

Wonder Woman

Reaction score
I posted a comment in a "for sale" ad. It was deleted.
Reason: No commentary in for sale ads please
I understand but I want show that the fender tag of the car is a fake. This information is maybe interesting for potential buyers. Where is the right place for a comment like this?
Start a separate thread in general discussions concerning your concern and why.

Joeychgo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have no horse in this race but if you delete one you should delete them all. Unless it is a post asking the seller a question. Views on how nice it is or isn’t is also just ones opinion. And this is just my opinion

I basically do - but I dont scour all the threads looking for it. When comments are reported, I delete them.

rbbruno3

Reaction score
I basically do - but I dont scour all the threads looking for it. When comments are reported, I delete them.
I know what your saying as I am a member on most of your forums. It’s hard enough just Keeping up with this one which I frequent the most. Keep up the good work. These are very useful forums for many different reasons. Thanks

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Culvers please start another thread that let's us know which tag is a fake in your opinion. I'm very curious of the flaws and defects. Or wrong numbers. Which thread is it?

Culvers

Reaction score
I will not teach how to create a fender tag correctly

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Actually this is not that uncommon. I've been a tag decoder for years and the not teaching thing goes across all the forum boards. Those who know won't tell so those who don't know keep making mistakes so those who know can pick the tags apart. In some ways totally not bull crap. It's taken me some years to accept that answer. and I keep trying to figure out what is wrong. Some I find and some I don't.
Thanks Culvers for pointing it out! I definitely appreciate it here and any other time you feel you need to point it out.

Cojohnso

Reaction score
I'm concerned that the site's admins are making decisions to delete questions and content from their judgement. My question on a Max Wedge motor sale of; "Does anyone know the original origin of the term "Max Wedge?" Was deleted due to not relative? Really? It had the subject content in the question? If this is indicative of their so called "Judgment?" I can certainly take my business elsewhere.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Just my thoughts on this;
First I appreciate the work the admins do that is necessary in keeping things balanced and keep the site viable and up and running.
It is understood that comments made by others that "dis" someones for sale listing should not be allowed. We are not looking to attack others which is not appropriate, and this is the purpose of the rule. I do understand that questions pertinent to the condition and providence of the car would and should be applicable for a potential buyer.
Enforcement seems inconsistent at times with the deletion of certain comments made by members.(Again, thank you to the admins for a somewhat thankless job)
My specific experience here with "ad deletion"; I was in the habit of listing a car or a part for sale that I thought members might want to know about. The ads were usually from e bay or craigslist and were generally not mine. I did this for the sole purpose of giving someone a heads-up on what I thought could be a decent deal for them. (I was not getting a "cut of the action")

Members would sometimes comment on the car I posted. I posted the link to the ad for members to check out it they were interested. Was not looking for other's comments necessarily. The ads do draw people to our site; thought this was to our benefit.
The car for sale ad and link was deleted and I was told to put this type of listing in the General Section (seemed strange since it was a car that was available for sale)
I was a little taken back by complaints from two other members complaining that I was violating site rules, that comments were not allowed in this area and that a "for sale" ad should go in the General Section.

Other Mopar enthusiast sites generally allow e bay and craiglist postings and I have done so on occasion in those places with no issues.
Regardless; I have been a member here for over 8 years and will allay any further comments on this and as always respect the "house rules" as required.
Thank you!

Dino2 (1).gif

Last edited:

Joeychgo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm concerned that the site's admins are making decisions to delete questions and content from their judgement. My question on a Max Wedge motor sale of; "Does anyone know the original origin of the term "Max Wedge?" Was deleted due to not relative? Really? It had the subject content in the question? If this is indicative of their so called "Judgment?" I can certainly take my business elsewhere.

Why is this so complicated? Every time someone thinks they are justified in breaking the rules I get the "I understand, but"...

We don't want commentary in the for sale threads. Why? Because they lead to fights, clutter and nothing but problems. You may or may not be correct in what you say, but that makes it so staff has to judge and decide if you are or aren't. And then, what if our judgement is wrong? Or what if your motives aren't pure? In this case, is the fender tag fake?

How about the clutter even benign comments creates in the for sale threads. "Nice car!" posted a dozen times in the thread just clutters up the for sale ad. How about the opposite... "Price too high, your trying to rip people off" - Would you want someone posting that in one of YOUR ads? Probably not. And again, what if the person posting the comment is wrong?

Hence --- NO COMMENTARY IN FOR SALE SECTION THREADS ----

Other Mopar enthusiast sites generally allow e bay and craiglist postings and I have done so on occasion in those places with no issues.

I have no problem when they have complete information (photos and text from the ad+the link) and are occasional. But I have had members who posted 10 ebay/craiglist links a day, every day, and posted nothing but the link. That really looks like crap a month out. On the upside, I am working on something that will help this issue in the future.

Enforcement seems inconsistent at times with the deletion of certain comments made by members.(Again, thank you to the admins for a somewhat thankless job)

Not really, except that I may or may not see all of the times people break the rules. But if someone reports the post, I am guaranteed to see it. The only way to be 100% consistent with commentary is to actually not allow any responses in a for sale thread. Otherwise, it just is subject to what I see and what I don't. Anything I see that doesn't look to be a relevant question about the item for sale, gets deleted. I send the poster a notice letting them know I deleted it... Yet many people still post comments in for sale ads.. Lot's of fun.

Cojohnso

Reaction score
Why is this so complicated? Every time someone thinks they are justified in breaking the rules I get the "I understand, but"...

We don't want commentary in the for sale threads. Why? Because they lead to fights, clutter and nothing but problems. You may or may not be correct in what you say, but that makes it so staff has to judge and decide if you are or aren't. And then, what if our judgement is wrong? Or what if your motives aren't pure? In this case, is the fender tag fake?

How about the clutter even benign comments creates in the for sale threads. "Nice car!" posted a dozen times in the thread just clutters up the for sale ad. How about the opposite... "Price too high, your trying to rip people off" - Would you want someone posting that in one of YOUR ads? Probably not. And again, what if the person posting the comment is wrong?

I have no problem when they have complete information (photos and text from the ad+the link) and are occasional. But I have had members who posted 10 ebay/craiglist links a day, every day, and posted nothing but the link. That really looks like crap a month out. On the upside, I am working on something that will help this issue in the future.

Not really, except that I may or may not see all of the times people break the rules. But if someone reports the post, I am guaranteed to see it. The only way to be 100% consistent with commentary is to actually not allow any responses in a for sale thread. Otherwise, it just is subject to what I see and what I don't. Anything I see that doesn't look to be a relevant question about the item for sale, gets deleted. I send the poster a notice letting them know I deleted it... Yet many people still post comments in for sale ads.. Lot's of fun.
First. I never said "I understand but." You did. If content of questions pertaining to any theme including for sale or WTB is being censored? Then I'm not interested in this format. Your commentary just makes my concern appear worse. I'm here to share information and possibly do business with regards to e-body builds. If that's unpalatable due to some arbitrary interpretation? Than please remove my account. Because I'm certainly not going to be recommending this site as an open exchange for E-body discussions or business.

Joeychgo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
First. I never said "I understand but." You did.

Actually, the OP did...

upload_2019-4-17_14-36-36.png

Because I'm certainly not going to be recommending this site as an open exchange for E-body discussions or business.

Can you have such an exchange on ebay or craigslist? I think your holding our classified section to a little different standard.

I'm here to share information and possibly do business with regards to e-body builds.

Your welcome to do so, just not in the for sale threads. Discussion is welcome and the point of all the other sections of the site. The purpose of the for sale threads isn't to criticize or praise them. Its for members to sell something and members to buy something. If you think someone is trying to scam members then let me know directly. I don't see that as unreasonable.

KATSAAR

Reaction score
if your really interested in a car.ask the seller if the tag is fake.if they give the duuuuhhh I don't know.maybe they don't know.maybe there just a flipper.
ask if you can a pro inspect the car.whats it cost $150.00 if your too far away.
I had it done.the pro said stay away.the docs was excellent on the car but the car itself was not presented correctly. win win .

toolmanmike

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

And let's not forget the free "bump to the top" that happens when people comment. I delete a lot of comments on the other sites I mod on for that reason. You must have rules or these forums would be a free for all.

KATSAAR

Reaction score
I GOT IT !!!!!????
HAVE A FREE FOR ALL THREAD.
SAY WHAT EVER THE F??? YOU WANT.

Back