• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Rear swaybar options

Leanburn

Reaction score
I’m wanting to add a rear swaybar but can’t decide wich one to choose between hellwig, hotchkiss or addco. I would prefer to go with firm feel but I’m sure I would run into clearance issues with my exhaust. My main concern is the frame mounting, the hotchkiss has what I think the best mount but it requires welding and my car is finished so I prefer not to go that route. That leaves me with addco or hellwig.

Hellwig is simple mounting by drilling through the frame but I can see that there would be some play Between the bolt and sleeve and probably makes noise and eventually would wear out.

Addco is mounted by drilling 2 holes and useing a u bolt wich seems simple and there wouldn’t be any slop.

Anyone have any experience in any of the aftermarket bars ?
I’ll try to post pics of different mounting options

Leanburn

Reaction score
Hellwig

70EA6B9A-6E34-462F-9C2A-6E11EE3A9185.png

DEEAE8E7-83BE-42F4-817E-D5AF3129C288.png

aussiemark

Reaction score
I know some cars actually handle better without the rear bar, when you look at the special parts that went into Hemi and 440-6 cars but they never had a rear bar and it's not like a cost cutting thing so there must be a good reason the Chrysler engineers didn't fit them.

rklein71

Reaction score
I have and ADDCO one I did not end up using it. They mount different and look terrible under the car. Firm Feel is a factory style sway bar and fit perfectly. I don't know how your exhaust is put together, but I had no issues. PM me if you are interested in my ADDCO sway bar.

Leanburn

Reaction score
Rklein. I’m trying to find a stock style local through friends with e bodies to see if one will fit but I’m not having any luck. I’m going to give it a few days to see what I can do and if I strike out I may contact u

David DiMartino

Reaction score
What is your location, I just replaced my factory rear bar with hotchkis. Going full TVS on my car. I still have the old bar, you can have it.

Leanburn

Reaction score
What is your location, I just replaced my factory rear bar with hotchkis. Going full TVS on my car. I still have the old bar, you can have it.

im in Alberta canada. very generous but its not like I could swing by and grab it.

cuda dan

Reaction score
I used a PST bar on my 70. No welding but need to use washer as spacers to get the bracket the fit the frame correctly.
Used firm feel for front bar on my 65 and the stuff was beautiful.
Everything thing I’ve got from them has been great. Gear boxes, spindles, control arms. Etc.

carbuilder

Reaction score
Have a 1970 440 6 pack 4 speed original numbers matching CUDA. The front torsion bars are 420 lb units (after market), stub frames are tied together, and installed a factory rear sway bar. Now for the handling: it is great. It feels like I have a small block. NO over or under steer.

Back