• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New member from Washington state

EV2&Q5

Reaction score
Hi all, just purchased a 1970 Challenger with a 383, 904 transmission and the smaller rear-end. This is my first E body and I’m tickled to finally own one. I’m new to the hobby but the kids are in college now so I have some time to learn how to work on and hopefully make it better.

My first Mopar I acquired back in high school was a 1973 Dodge Dart Sport with a 4 speed and a 340 engine. Loved that car but only hung on to it for a few years. I heard years later that the guy who bought it from me gernaded the transmission and left it on the side of the road but I was never able to find it.

My plan with the Challenger is to swap the engine out this winter with a ‘68 340 that I recently built with a buddy of mine that had plans to go in a 1971 Duster. Also planning to put in an 8 3/4 and a 518 tranny (727 w/ overdrive) to finish the drivetrain. Beyond that who knows.

Happy to get a chance to learn from the group here...

View attachment 52390

View attachment 52391

View attachment 52392
Hi all, just purchased a 1970 Challenger with a 383, 904 transmission and the smaller rear-end. This is my first E body and I’m tickled to finally own one. I’m new to the hobby but the kids are in college now so I have some time to learn how to work on and hopefully make it better.

My first Mopar I acquired back in high school was a 1973 Dodge Dart Sport with a 4 speed and a 340 engine. Loved that car but only hung on to it for a few years. I heard years later that the guy who bought it from me gernaded the transmission and left it on the side of the road but I was never able to find it.

My plan with the Challenger is to swap the engine out this winter with a ‘68 340 that I recently built with a buddy of mine that had plans to go in a 1971 Duster. Also planning to put in an 8 3/4 and a 518 tranny (727 w/ overdrive) to finish the drivetrain. Beyond that who knows.

Happy to get a chance to learn from the group here...

View attachment 52390

View attachment 52391

View attachment 52392
Welcome and a great looking car. And your plans will make it a great car. Its always fun to build them your way.

Back