• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Mopar Battery Availability

doubleyellow

Reaction score
As of last year, there were no vendors producing the Group 24/27 batteries.

- Are they back in production?
- Sources?
- How to know which cap color came on car originally?

Thanks

sxpckcuda

Reaction score
I just got a group 27 from battery central mall #804 861 0165, batterycentralmall.com Wayne is the guys name.

sxpckcuda

Reaction score
Thats actually cheap if its a true NOS, Repops sell for about $350 - $375

hellrats

Reaction score
Yep your right! I got one last year for 200 bucks. What they hell? Why the big price jump?

quapman

Reaction score
The company making the repro batteries got sold and the new owner makes a better (in my opinion), maintenance-free battery. I got two for a French client last year. Very pricey, but nice stuff. $280 each plus shipping.

quapman

Reaction score
Antique Auto Battery is now "Jim's". The prices on AAB are not to be trusted. A phone call or e-mail are the best ways to safely order.

69hemibeep

Reaction score
Antique Auto Battery is now "Jim's". The prices on AAB are not to be trusted. A phone call or e-mail are the best ways to safely order.
The battery I got from them during the ownership change is a battery in a battery case. Unscrew the caps and you can see the battery and cables.

quapman

Reaction score
Ah, interesting! I peeked inside, but the batteries I bought were for a client, so I didn't investigate further. Are they standard acid or glass mat or what, exactly?

Back