• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Exhaust hitting E-brake cable

gzig5

Reaction score
I found that as I tried to get my exhaust closer to the bottom of the car, I was somewhat thwarted by it running into the E-brake cable that crosses the middle of the car near the end of the transmission. Can this be re-routed? Run the pipes between the body and the cable? I have ideas but am curious what others have done. Seen some really well tucked systems so they are doing something different than I have.

moparlee

Reaction score
The E-brake cable crosses between the body and the pipes with clearance between both. Do you have the S shaped hook supporting the cable from the trans support? Can you post up a pic of what you have?

gzig5

Reaction score
Car is in the shop getting the transmission attended to so I can't look but I definitely don't remember any s-shaped hook supporting the cable at the trans cross-member.

moparlee

Reaction score
Here is a pic of mine. The hook also has a bend it in that brings the cable up closer to the body.
5-28-11 048.jpg

gzig5

Reaction score
That part is definitely not there, but I get the idea. No problem to bend one up. My cable goes across on the downstream side of the u-joint. Hard to say from that pic where yours is, but if it goes too high the driveshaft comes into play.

Back