• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

center console: is this normal?

70cuda50

Reaction score
IMG_2511.JPG
I planned on adding center console to my Cuda. Just arrived from classic industries. The "MOPAR authentic restoration product" sticker on the box gave me high hopes. Upon opening, i am underwhelmed. Gap on passenger side seam that lets light through for most of length. Is this normal even for the original real deals, or just a bad individual piece I should return, or common to all the repops? A lot of money for a piece of plastic (plus metal wood grain plate and mounting bracket etc) that looks cheap...the opposite of the intention of my "upgrade"

Last edited:

tonysrt

Reaction score
I just looked at my original in my 71 Cuda and as long as the top covers the opening it should be good. Looking at the view you show, on mine the hinge sticks out about an 1/8". Show the top view and that is what you want covered. That hinge is a real piece of work and may be Mopar could have done it another way instead having that hinge sticking out like they did.

70cuda50

Reaction score
Thanks. I agree hinge is not great looking but looks like a loose but proper fit as designed.
My bigger concern is the actual seam running forward. Pieces don't touch most of the way. If you can zoom in you can see floor showing through. I suspect seat blocks view to some extent when installed. Just seems quite shoddy

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
hate to say it but I have had originals that have had a gap like that.
If it bothers you then you can perhaps put a strip of glue on the inside that will block the light going through it. Something black like jb quick weld.
On a new part too. That sucks.

Back