• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Waking the cuda from its winter sleep

Cudafever

Reaction score
Been trying to break into the 7s (1/8 mile) for a while. first time with my new Gopro.
6600 foot elevation and adj altitude between the 7500 and 10,000 foot air.
408,12.8:1 compression RHS heads,727 and 10" slicks. full body car 3860 with me in it.

Here is my first attempt at a video

Cudafever

Reaction score
Thanks.
Have a race this weekend. Going to drop the timing back were i had it, re-jet the carb a couple jet size and see what happens.
that is as long as mother nature don't pee on us this saturday.

Cudafever

Reaction score
A good Race Day!!!!!!!!
It didn't start out well. I dropped down 2 jet size. At the race track i found a big stumble off the hit. Didn't bring my jet kit, let alone some squirters. When begging for some squirters, found a 35 which was 4 size bigger then what i had and installed it in the front squirter. fix the problem...... then i had some traction problem that was fix by lowering the air pressure in my slicks.
At this point i put the gopro to the fender,point it at the rear slick. Didn't have another problem with traction.
Video of 2nt round(we have a first round buy back if you lose first round) semi finals i went up against a bike. his dial was 8.17 and mine was 8.13. Basically we left together.got that round. Final round and i find out that the sled i'm racing is broke. Automatic win.......But i didn't want to win it that way so he jumped on his Sons sled. We decide to make the final round a 2 out of 3 race. I only have the first race, of the final three on the gopro because i forgot to turn it on the last 2 rounds:rolleyes:
YES that is a red light in my lane:D But it was only red by .005 So now i was read for the final "rounds"
2nt round i changed my dial in 8.09 the sled didn't get his dial in close enough and it was a easy win.
How ever the final, final round, was not that easy!!!
I wish i had turn my Gopro on. About half track i check my mirror and he is coming on strong. look at the finish line, back in the mirror.... it going to be close......TAP THE BRAKE AND HE BLOWS BY ME AT THE FINISH LINE...........he had the better light but broke out. I ran a 8.09 on a 8.09 Wow that was close.
Here is the video mostly of my back tire but i got the go pro turned around to show my red light :D
O yah, are printer only prints out one et slip. So the winner get the white slip and the loser get the yellow one.

Cudafever

Reaction score
Well just an update on this racing season. For our last race i bought and installed a new 4200 stall converter
yup that got me in to the 7s! I have been trying to do this for the last 2 years. no more 8.0x best was a 7.86@97mph
my 60" drop from the mid1.8s to a 1.707 and i gain .5 mile mph. What was the most amazed was my top of track rpm. i ran fast, and the more efficient converter dropped from 5800 to 5500 rpm at the finish line.
This is a grate converter!!!!
What was not so good was when the track started to loose it bit(with never affected me before) i started to slip or spin of the line.
only made two round but was happy with the performance of my car.

Wanted to figure out if there was something that i could do to the suspension, or if i just had to go too a bigger tire.
When out to the track the next weekend and stuck the Gopro to my gas tank to see what my suspension was doing.
Spent all day trying all kinds of different techniques to get it to launch without spinning. Nothing worked and in the end it launched the best, the way i have been doing it all along Stall to 2200 rpm and stab it from there.
Frustrated, i loaded up my car and when home.

download my video and......well i learn a lot!!!!!!!
my 25 Plus year old SS Springs are wasted! My front segment of the leaf spring is folding up like a pretzel.....well not quit but there junk.
Time for a fresh set!:steering:

The first two are in the car then i put it under the car.

In the last in car video watch the shift light as i shift into 2nt. Do you see the shift light come back one. knocked the tire loose and hit the shift light. had to lift

For some reason the video start about 2/3 the way thru. You have to click at the start to see them all. but you can see what's going on with the short version.

Last edited:

Cudafever

Reaction score
If your truly board, and just want to watch another video, here are the other race i gopro
Aug is the best put together video and the least boring;).
If you don't want to watch all my time trial...and some cool cars, start the video at the 8 minute mark.

Last edited:

Cudafever

Reaction score
bought new SS Springs only a 3800 pound spring instead of the 3300 pound SS Springs im taking out.
found broken piece in my housing
IMG_1040 (1).JPG
IMG_1006.JPG
IMG_1045.JPG
which ended up being from my clutch pack ears braking off. Bought a spring relocation kit and and a back brace that will be installed before the rear end go back into the car.

Also boughts some Competition Engineering 3 way shock for the car as well.
This winter is going to be busy one.

Cudafever

Reaction score
purchs welded, back brace welded,rust ground off rear axle and painted.
Installed and just need oil.
new tires and slicks, slick are going to be wider and taller....think they are going to work.
IMG_1412.JPG
IMG_1390 (1).JPG

Cudafever

Reaction score
Got it all together for the test and tune yesterday.
Suspension working properly, and stays in the 7s all day long with a new best of 7.78 sec. ET now. (1/8 mile)
Here is a real short video. I should have cleaned the lens on my GoPro before i handed it to my buddy.

moparlee

Reaction score
Got it all together for the test and tune yesterday.
Suspension working properly, and stays in the 7s all day long with a new best of 7.78 sec. ET now. (1/8 mile)
Here is a real short video. I should have cleaned the lens on my GoPro before i handed it to my buddy.

Your suspension upgrades sure made a big difference. Nice work. What's next?:D

Cudafever

Reaction score
Time to start working on my reaction time to the tree!
Although i wasn't trying to cut a light.....They all sucked.

Cudafever

Reaction score
Your suspension upgrades sure made a big difference. Nice work. What's next?:D
Well the combination of a 2 inch taller tire, and a tighter torque converter has cause a stumble that i have yet to fix.
I have a BG 850 demon carb on it, which i have learned will flow 1000 CFM. Way to Big for a little old stroker small block(408)
Upped my Squirted from 33's to 37's, Broke down and bought the AKA Demon squirter as they are shaped different then the holley Squirter nozzles. Got them, and they look just like the holley squirter only with at a bigger price tag.:mob:
Adj pump arm so there was zero play on both side, verified timing had not changed (22 idle 35 total advance). Experimented with all the cams for the squirters. Took the carb apart and blew all the passages out. nothing has fixed the problem.
Ordered a "Proform 750 main body" that i have been told will make it a true 830 cfm carb. The new main body has idle and main jet that are replaceable. This will help me fine tune it if it works. Finger crossed!

The problem is that i have a 600 holley, or this 850......either two small........or just TO BIG. Hoping that the Proform main body will make my porridge just right.:D

Back