• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hi Everyone

craigbred

Reaction score
I'm new to E bodies. I have a 71 Challenger I bought in high school 43 years ago. My current project with it is a new motor. I'm I the middle of a 505 stroker build (from a 440). I've been reading quit a bit on A, B & E bodies on engine discussions. It's great to have such expertise on these sites.
Craig

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Your car looks great, how about more pics?

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from mid MI. We need to see more of it. Craig, looking at your avatar, I may have a twin to it. I ordered it 1970, sold it '78, got it back in '89 and restored it back to original.
6-8-11 011.jpg

340challconvert

Reaction score
Craig
:welcome: to FEBO from New Jersey
Looking forward to seeing more of your car.
Great that you have the Challenger for 43 years.
Dino2 (1).gif

craigbred

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the great welcome. I don't have many pictures but I'll attach the full size avatar and the most recent, the start of the motorectomy.
The body under the hood is original, and pretty rough. That's getting re-done while the engine is out. the body was painted once when I was young and it now has it's share of rust, scratches and dents. Re-painting it again is somewhere down the road, but not this year.

morparlee, mine really is a sister car! I like your original wheels, and you still have the R/T on the hood. I don't see many in citron yella. Your side mirrors are slightly different. The date on my title is 9-1-71. I wonder if the mirror change was a mid year change?
I bought mine in 1976 from the original owner. It came with a 340. Around 80,000, I think 1979, it started smoking bad - I suspect a broken oil ring. I then put a "warmed-over" 440 in it that I am now replacing with a 505. I still have the 340, but doubt I will ever use it. The only reason I keep it is, well, no good reason other than people tell me keep it?!?!
Craig

Challenger.png

Chall under hood mess (2).jpg

moparlee

Reaction score
morparlee, mine really is a sister car! I like your original wheels, and you still have the R/T on the hood. I don't see many in citron yella. Your side mirrors are slightly different. The date on my title is 9-1-71. I wonder if the mirror change was a mid year change?
I bought mine in 1976 from the original owner. It came with a 340. Around 80,000, I think 1979, it started smoking bad - I suspect a broken oil ring. I then put a "warmed-over" 440 in it that I am now replacing with a 505. I still have the 340, but doubt I will ever use it. The only reason I keep it is, well, no good reason other than people tell me keep it?!?!
Craig

moparlee

Reaction score
Craig, I restored mine back to original. My mirror is the standard non-remote drivers side only. Your racing type mirrors were optional. For sure keep the 340, especially if it is the original numbers matching block. Keep us posted on your 505 build. My R/T is a 383 4 spd.
6-8-11 016.jpg

Back