• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

how to check lca bushings?

Leanburn

Reaction score
I’m struggling with my car “wandering” on dished pavement or even tar strips. I’ve got quality parts throughout ( ff steering box, tubular uppers, adjustable strut rods, ect ) the only part a haven’t touched are the lca’s. What’s the method to Checking for play?

If I do end up replacing the bushings and reinforcing I may go with the qa1 tubulars. Anyone have any experience with them ?

Leanburn

Reaction score
I think I found my problem. There’s a cracked weld where the lca attaches to the k member.

moparlee

Reaction score
That is not uncommon for there to be a crack in that area. Just welder up and check out both sides.

Leanburn

Reaction score
Ok, thanks for the reply. I’ll get some new bushings ( pst graphite impregnated) and some reinforcement plates.
Is there any other parts I should get that commonly need replacing as far as the control arm goes ?

moparlee

Reaction score
The reinforcement plates will be a great upgrade. Check with PST but I think with the graphite bushings, don't remove the outer sleeve of the old LCA rubber bushings. While you are into the suspension you might as well replace the UCA and strut rod bushings.

Back