• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Anyone heard of the dash pad factory?

spoolinhard

Reaction score
Located out of El paso tx. Looking for people who have experience with thier product. Can't find any reviews online.

budascuda

Reaction score
".. Can't find any reviews online. "

That's not good!
I have heard from the folks here that "Just Dashes"
Is pretty good, there are a couple of other ones too.
The guys will chime in soon.
Good luck

rogue

Reaction score
I had both my dash pads done by Just Dashes... very happy with both

superbee6

Reaction score
RE: Dashes2GO, also The Dashpad Factory, and other names.

I know there's a lot going on at the moment. I ordered one for a 68 Barracuda about 2 months ago, going into it with the understanding that it may take a while. I ordered it through their amazon store. I waited for a couple weeks with no communication but my card had been charged and decided to call. They had no idea that I had ordered it. I guess they don't use the Amazon store any longer or some story like that. They said that they were going at full production strength. So, I cancelled my order through their Amazon store and ordered one over the phone with the woman. Their customer service seems good and they call you back fairly quickly if you leave a message. Waited another couple weeks with no news. I called again to check in, they said it was going to ship at the end of the week. It ended up shipping the next tues. Fine, I know covid-19 and all kinds of stuff going on. The pad finally arrived and it was not a 68 Barracuda dash but a 68 Coronet dash. So, I call them back, good customer service, answer the call quickly. They say they will send a 68 Barracuda dash out in the next couple days and will have UPS take the Coronet dash back. It's been another 2 weeks and no word on the new dash or picking up the Coronet dash. So I call today and they tell me they have to see where my dash is in the production line. I was told that they had one in stock when I called about receiving the wrong dash two weeks ago. Now they tell me that it will ship by the end of the week.

Bottom line, they are very nice and responsive people. However, they don't seem to be the most organized, like they don't communicate within the company very well. Also having too many names for one company makes me a little skeptical too.

Regarding the quality of the dash. I've not installed one and can't say how durable they are. The dash looked nicely made and pretty correct. I did see a couple small areas that if I was being picky, I'd call out. just a small misshapen area on the edge near the glass, you'd never see it while sitting in the car and one other small imperfection. But keep in mind at this point I'm going over it very closely. Just by looking at it, I wouldn't hesitate to install it in my driver mopar.

Also, the price isn't too bad. I don't think I'd buy the ABS framed ones.

budascuda

Reaction score
just curious, so 1 to 100, how would you grade it?

superbee6

Reaction score
Hmm. I'd say, 70-80. Giving the benefit of the doubt given the curcumstances, COVID-19 etc. I could give a more accurate evaluation once I receive the correct dash pad and test the install.

72 blue 400

Reaction score
so are the dashpad factory and dashes2go the same place,i sent the dashpad factory 7 core dash pads to lower the price on the cuda one i needed,that was 5 weeks ago,messaged them a couple times and the excuses have started,was told they would give me a tracking number when she gets back to the office,that was last thursday,called today i think the same girl answered the phone just said hello,i had to ask if this was the dashpad factory she said yes ,asked about my order and had to give her my info like she didnt know what i was talking about,again she said she would look into it and send me a tracking number,very disappointed they were very helpful till they got my cores and money,now the runaround.sucks when these venders dont do what they say they are going to do.I WONT BE USING THE DASHPADFACTORY AGAIN.

superbee6

Reaction score
Yes, I believe they are the same company. I'd say their work is high quality driver level, I wouldn't give them concourse level. They do atleast answer the phone, can't say that they are the most organized from what I've seen so far. It did take quite a while for me to receive a dash pad even though it was the wrong one.

budascuda

Reaction score
You know, for me at least, the lower price is always a warning sign and thats true about
everything, every thing I mean!

I always ask myself , why is the price lower than the competitors?

Yes I know, they want to compete, and a HIGHER price tag doesnt necessarily mean higher quality and better service but LOWER price definitely means lower quality and crappy service.
jmho

(The "h" is for humble) :)

72 blue 400

Reaction score
the old saying you get what ya pay for,kinda funny a lady on facebook is selling dash pads under the dashes2go,shes getting a lot of responce,i ask if the dashes2go and the dashpad factory are the same business she replied no.

R4Sedan

Reaction score
I think he's out of TX. He did one for a '70 Challenger I had at the time. This was about 16 to 17 years ago. Same run around. The Challenger I'm doing now is a '70. It has one tiny crack. I think I will live with it or fix it myself. Done dicking with people.

72 blue 400

Reaction score
talked to the girl again,now we have the label was switched on my pad and sent to someone else,but shes going to upgrade my order and get a top rate dash pad and its coming out of the mold today.YEAH RIGHT WHAT A JOKE OF A COMPANY.next time i will by a cap and call it good.BUYERS BEWARE.also i asked about the different names she said they are venders so dont expect and different service.

budascuda

Reaction score
Buddy, I feel bad for what you are going through!
But thanks for letting everybody else know, members sharing their experience is one of the advantages of forums like this.

72 blue 400

Reaction score
thanks,it sucks cause there alot of guys that could use a dash pad,too bad they dont take there business seriously.

Mrfixit

Reaction score
I'm in the middle of a nightmare with them right now. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THEM! They answer the phone quickly, and take your money even quicker. Then the BS starts. The woman (Alana) that answers the phone, just says "Hello". You have to ask if you have the right place. They tell you that they have what you want in stock, and will ship it the next day. They don't on either count. Every call to them results in the woman telling you that she will remedy your situation "when she gets back to the office". After several calls to get an order confirmation and a tracking number, Alana text messaged me a tracking number, and said the dash had been shipped the week before. I ran it through Fed Ex and discovered that they had only generated a shipping label and no packages were in the system. When confronted with her lie, she tried to blame the shipping department, that she manages! I'm now promised overnight delivery. I've lost confidence in them at this point. Time for a refund! How damn hard is it to just tell the truth and do what the hell you say?

Back