• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Non rallye gauges to Rallye

CudaK

Reaction score
Hey,

Got a really good deal on a clean set of working 1973 cuda rallye gauges all I had to do was replace the clock. All other gauges were clean and in good working order.

I'm using the non rallye to rallye conversion harness, is there anything I'm going to need extra to swap this out. Anyone do this recently how difficult was it to do?

Any help I can get on this would be awesome

Thanks for your time

Reaction score
Did you get the complete assembly?
You need the heater control panel, it's a different panel from non rally to rally.
The cluster light bar is also different, 3 bulbs non rally, 4 bulbs with the rally cluster.
You need to add the Tachometer wiring, and wire in the clock, it's pretty straight forward.
You will need to lengthen wires to reach a couple of the gauges, I don't recall which ones for sure maybe oil pressure and temperature gauge? It's been a while since I did one, but on the back of the cluster it's color coded.

rklein71

Reaction score
I put in a rally gauge cluster from a standard cluster not to long ago. You will also need to clip off the oil pressure light and use the wire for a gauge. I used the three bulb light bar, it fits. I just haven't found a four light bar yet that is cheap enough. I might modify mine to mimic a factory one if a cheap enough one does not show up. It is not too hard, you can do it. Rod

IMG_3877.JPG

rklein71

Reaction score
Oil pressure sender for a gauge. What conversion harness did you get ?
Yep, did that, didn't remember that point. I didn't use a conversion harness, just made the modifications to the stock non-rally harness.

IMG_3879.JPG

Reaction score
I have found an extra rally dash light bar in my parts I would sell if someone needs it.
1 of the 4 blue lenses in broken, the light bar is in good shape otherwise.
Let me know if anyone is interested.

CudaK

Reaction score
Did you get the complete assembly?
You need the heater control panel, it's a different panel from non rally to rally.
The cluster light bar is also different, 3 bulbs non rally, 4 bulbs with the rally cluster.
You need to add the Tachometer wiring, and wire in the clock, it's pretty straight forward.
You will need to lengthen wires to reach a couple of the gauges, I don't recall which ones for sure maybe oil pressure and temperature gauge? It's been a while since I did one, but on the back of the cluster it's color coded.

Yes the heater control and light bar came with it.

Thanks for the info

The one that has been listed on eBay guys out of Arkansas
Came with info of what wire goes where

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I have found an extra rally dash light bar in my parts I would sell if someone needs it.
Man what a difference the correct light bar makes! I drove mine at night for the first time since I installed it and I was mesmerized by just how badly the wood grain overlay looks!:lol:

Reaction score
I'm looking for a decent one.

CBCM 1942

Reaction score
Hey,

Got a really good deal on a clean set of working 1973 cuda rallye gauges all I had to do was replace the clock. All other gauges were clean and in good working order.

I'm using the non rallye to rallye conversion harness, is there anything I'm going to need extra to swap this out. Anyone do this recently how difficult was it to do?

Any help I can get on this would be awesome

Thanks for your time
What rallye conversion kit did you get? I am planning to do this to my 71.

Back