• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 heater valve mounting

Cratos

Reaction score
I have a 1970 rt that has factory, I got a new heater valve and two mounts, but nothing seems to line up I should not have to drill mounting holes in a factory air car?

I can only get one hole to line up with the brackets can I just mount it to the fender well those two-hole line up with the valve. or will that be too much vibration for the plastic valve?

photos would help .

IMG_0102.JPG

IMG_0103.JPG

moparleo

Reaction score
You need to make sure that the heater control valve is for an E-body. Several places sell a valve that looks very similar but has the wrong cable/valve plate. There are several different mounts available also. Can you give a picture of the complete valve including the number that is stamped in ink on it ? Thanks.

quapman

Reaction score
Neither of those brackets is correct. I have new repros if I can find them in my mess. $40 + shipping. Moparleo's pic has the right one.

quapman

Reaction score
what will shipping run to 34420 ?

Should be around $10. The picture 72RoadRunner GTX shows is not one of mine, but mine look the same. I do not include bolts.

Cratos

Reaction score
Thanks, to Quapman for the mount once it gets here, I am getting closer to firing up this bad boy!

IMG_0041 (2).JPG

72RoadRunnerGTX

Reaction score
Another six-pack A/C car. I see you are running cast exhaust manifolds. A word of caution, the original style heater valves did not last long originally due to radiated heat from the exhaust manifolds, especially the HP manifolds. Many developed cracks and leaked in short order. You may want to consider adding a heat shield to prolong its life.

DSC09920.JPG

DSC09928.JPG

DSC09921.JPG

Last edited:

Cratos

Reaction score
Yea I was wondering if anyone had done that :) any chance you have a templet ?

Back