• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Recommendations for new dash pads?

John Rimel

Reaction score
I'm sure it applies if you don't have a core. You'll have to ask him

aussiemark

Reaction score
My problem is my core has some heavy rust in one corner and even if it was perfect shipping from Australia to the US would cost more then the core charge anyway.

John Rimel

Reaction score
Oh, that's right. I would talk with Bob and see if he'll work with you

PappyF15

Reaction score
Check with Bob at ABC Moparts. They are recovering the original steel cores and the retail is approximately $750 with a good usable core. I picked up three of them in various configurations this year at the Nats.
Are you still happy with them? I am in the market and looking at the different options. Was the fit good? I like the price for a steel core pad.

Ted70challenger

Reaction score
I’m new to interiors but what is the difference between a dash pad and a dashboard?
I see dash caps or pads for sale , very affordable but what is it?

fasjac

Reaction score
I’m new to interiors but what is the difference between a dash pad and a dashboard?
The caps are abs plastic that fit over the original dash. I used one back in the early 90’s and it looked nice for 75 bucks. You would just cut out out raised edges on cracks and use silicone to secure it. It was a nice part when I couldn’t afford the complete dash.

Bob Hunsel

Reaction score
Dash caps are much cheaper, more finicky to install, and generally don't look near as good. To have Just Dashes restore your core will cost somewhere around $1,200 but there is no doubt, it is better than new. I had them do my dash and was elated at the results. Plus, if they use an original core, no fitment problems.
MA Interior Dash.JPG

Back