• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Got to be worth it in parts alone

Rich G.

Reaction score
Looks like a lot of hidden rust. I’d take a real close look to see how bad it is. 70s aren’t cheap anymore that’s for sure.

Cojohnso

Reaction score
Yeah. That guy needs TLC now. (But dont they all?) Certainly seen worse.

aussiemark

Reaction score
I think if you did most of the work yourself it would be a worthwhile project roof skin, quarters and whatever it needs. It has a lot going for it real Cuda, Dana, Ralley dash and wheels, nice 440, trim looks good so these would all save you money just have to deal with the rust issues. Lots of possibilities maybe put a 340 back in? you could even do the roof skin first and deal with the rest bit by bit while using it as a driver I can't stop thinking about it, wonder it has an 18 spline 4 speed?

aussiemark

Reaction score
I don't know if it has a fender tag or build sheet but it does have a VIN tag and body numbers and most cars don't have build sheets (previous owner removed, redone seats, mice eaten, LA car, etc). How can you say value is nill? if I stripped this car and loaded the parts on a trailer and drove to your house you would tell me to go away?

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Some folks just don't buy cars without that fender tag.
That's the blood line of the car.

I really try not to buy anything without that magical tag.
If I wanted a car to build into whatever, I would definitely get a car with no tag/history.

Looks like a great car for someone. Especially someone who wants a driver right now.

aussiemark

Reaction score
There is no mention of the tag being missing or build sheet either (the build sheet could still be in the car) and there isn't a photo of the area to confirm maybe a question to the seller is the only way to know. I would buy a car without the tag as long as it had a build sheet or a car with no build sheet as long as it had a tag but I agree never without both. But I see the value in this car say you got it for 22.5k you really couldn't go wrong what's a Dana worth or 1970-71 complete ralley dash, road lamps, nice bumpers, stainless trims, good interior, 440 engine,4 speed box with pistol grip and on and on and you probably get 5k just for the shell. Not that you would part it out just saying the value is definitely there.

Last edited:

Cuda7d

Reaction score
I have a V-code Cuda with no sheet or fender tag. I bought it as a rolling partial shell. No drivetrain and few other things gone. The dashboard vin,cowl and radiator support all match. It probably won’t be a high dollar ride on Barrett-Jerkoff but it’s not a concern for me. The car IS what it is. Nothing is worthless in the e-body world

aussiemark

Reaction score
I have a V-code Cuda with no sheet or fender tag. I bought it as a rolling partial shell. No drivetrain and few other things gone. The dashboard vin,cowl and radiator support all match. It probably won’t be a high dollar ride on Barrett-Jerkoff but it’s not a concern for me. The car IS what it is. Nothing is worthless in the e-body world
Absolutely and you know exactly what car you have and it is what it is nothing can change that. I still wish people would stop removing tags from the car for safe keeping seems like once they are removed they nearly always go missing, maybe if they put a repop one made with the details from the original on there at least the details would be saved and not lost forever.

rklein71

Reaction score
If have to remove, at least take a picture of it. I took a picture of my broadcast sheet, I have no idea where I put the original one....It will show up someday. I am not building my BHG stock anyhow, it will never be original again, at least as long as I am alive.

IMG_4664.JPG

gzig5

Reaction score
My car has both the tag and the build sheet, but its a lowly 73 340 Cuda and needs every panel attended to including the roof. Would never be worth doing a $80k nut and bolt restoration to end up with a $40k car that I'm afraid to drive. But it was the best example I could find in the area in my budget after years of looking. I paid half what that yellow car was asking but would have gladly bought that one instead. I'd be four years and a few grand ahead of the game but the time I'm done with this one. Every time I look at it, it seems I find another wart to remove.

aussiemark

Reaction score
My car has both the tag and the build sheet, but its a lowly 73 340 Cuda and needs every panel attended to including the roof. Would never be worth doing a $80k nut and bolt restoration to end up with a $40k car that I'm afraid to drive. But it was the best example I could find in the area in my budget after years of looking. I paid half what that yellow car was asking but would have gladly bought that one instead. I'd be four years and a few grand ahead of the game but the time I'm done with this one. Every time I look at it, it seems I find another wart to remove.
Nothing wrong with an original 340 anything they are great engines and the roof skin is one of the easiest panels to replace, fit new drip rails at the same time.

gzig5

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with an original 340 anything they are great engines and the roof skin is one of the easiest panels to replace, fit new drip rails at the same time.

I'm with you, but the reality is the later cars bring about 1/3 of a 70/71 with the same features. Not worth the effort and cost to do a day one resto, and I'm perfectly content driving a semi-modified car that isn't pristine. My personal foible is that the car has to run and handle 100% and I may wash and wax it every now and then. Just not into the appearance detailing. I love great looking cars, but it is the last thing I'll do with the budget.

340challconvert

Reaction score
gzig55
A 73 Cuda is a nice car and 340's are really great engines.
I also have, at times thought about selling what I have, and just buying a more completed car.
I keep coming back to completing what I started on a car that I have had a long time.
Even more complete cars always need something done.
Hang in there.

Dino2 (1).gif

Rich G.

Reaction score
It is sad that the 70-71 Cuda’s are worth so much more then the 72-4 Cuda’s which other than a few minor changes ( expect for the big blocks and Hemis) its the same car! I’m currently building a 73 from a basket case because I wanted another E body to build. Im putting the same effort and quality as I did with my other cars and I will admit it bothers me a bit that it might not be worth what I have into it. But in the end it will be a beautiful car that I will enjoy and be proud of and not care if someone else doesn’t like it. We all can’t have Hemi Cuda’s! ( just brand new challengers now if you want)

Back