• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

The car was SO UGLY...

hofilbert

Reaction score
uglycudaTAN.jpg
If someone owns this car now, I apologize now.
Back around 1976-8 when I was attending college, I almost asked this chick out for a date as she had nice hair and derriere, but her car was SO UGLY, I couldn't dare ask her out. And she drove a 'Cuda too!
I saw someone selling a blue version of this car and that chick's particular car popped into my mind. Dang it was ugly. It was a 1973-4 'Cuda with a white vinyl top, white side stripe, and white tail panel, but the color was a funky "baby-poop" color similar to Ford's grabber orange (possibly repainted). I hated the color first, but then the white accents really started me to gag. I recolored and cleaned up this photo to best recall what her car looked like.
Got a fun UGLY CAR story? Let's hear it.

Last edited:

Reaction score
I owned a 71 Barracuda that was beige, or light gold I think they called it outside, olive green inside with a bench front seat, column shift auto. I've seen a few darts and valiants this same colour combo!
The olive colour was everywhere, dash, steering column, carpet, door panels, etc.
The inside was so ugly it almost made me throw-up, and not buy it.
Makes you wonder who thinks up these colour combinations!
To make matters worse, I owned it twice! Sold it then ended up buying it back 3 years later,
It eventually ended up 440 4 speed lime green with a black interior.

Last edited:

hofilbert

Reaction score
I had an opportunity to buy a real RS Z28 '69 Camaro, all original, but it was that army green with an army green interior, even with an endura bumper. I passed. That green interior was SO UGLY, I couldn't buy it. This was in the late '70's. Nowadays, I could swap out the interior and outside color no problem.
I hope this doesn't turn into a green interior bashing post. LOL!

DrEamer

Reaction score
Guilty as charged. My first Challenger was a 1972 F7 green which in itself was not a bad color. The ugly part was the green vinyl roof, and everything green interior, plus original hub caps. Being only 19 at the times I could not afford to do everything at once. I stripped off the top, repaired the rust, and used a spray can to primer it grey. I then added a set of Appliance version of the Torque Thrust wheels in satin finish (First picture). I did have a black top put on, and then bought a yellow R/T hood at the Portland swap meet, which I promptly put on. No pictures of that, but second picture is after I rattle canned the hood flat black. Finely, I was able to afford Appliance chrome 5 spokes and Dunlop G/T Qualifiers. I did convert some of the interior to black to break up the solid green, and put the flat hood back on. It turned out not to bad for a kid in school with a summer job. There were a lot of great memories in that car, and I wish I had never sold it 30 plus years ago. (Picture 3)

IMG_20190630_0001.jpg

IMG_20190630_0002.jpg

IMG_20190630_0003.jpg

Cojohnso

Reaction score
I have a '69 GTX dark green black trim with camel tan interior. I was surprised how well it worked with the green exterior. But I will admit, it would NOT work the other way around.

12394673-1969-plymouth-gtx-srcset-retina-xxl.jpg

Ohiowoodchuck

Reaction score
View attachment 61449 If someone owns this car now, I apologize now.
Back around 1976-8 when I was attending college, I almost asked this chick out for a date as she had nice hair and derriere, but her car was SO UGLY, I couldn't dare ask her out. And she drove a 'Cuda too!
I saw someone selling a blue version of this car and that chick's particular car popped into my mind. Dang it was ugly. It was a 1973-4 'Cuda with a white vinyl top, white side stripe, and white tail panel, but the color was a funky "baby-poop" color similar to Ford's grabber orange (possibly repainted). I hated the color first, but then the white accents really started me to gag. I recolored and cleaned up this photo to best recall what her car looked like.
Got a fun UGLY CAR story? Let's hear it.
I would of crawled in the backseat with her, just saying.

mmissile

Reaction score
Oddest car I had, was a 69 Coronet R/T. 4-speed/dana/Ramcharger hood. Factory B5 exterior with F8 interior. It was worse when I got it. F8 interior, and someone painted it orange.

Back