• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Inline Fuel Pump Location - Sugestions ?

Kinbote

Reaction score
Hello All, Just joined yesterday & am looking for suggestions for placing an inline fuel pump on my '70 R/T. I know its supposed to go below tank level & w/in 3' but that doesn't look practical. We have a FiTech EFI (#3002) and were stranded last week by the Command Center in the heatwave we had going on then. I could literally feel boiling liquid in their pump/sump combo. (We fixed it by icing the Command Center down & waiting ~ 10 minutes, but would rather not do that again.) I saw an old thread with a pump hung from a bracket off the rear x-member, but that car wasn't for the street. How low relative to the tank does the pump need to be, anyone have any ideas??
--Thanks in advance

rklein71

Reaction score
This is how I mounted my fuel pump on my 71 Barracuda. I need to bend the plate back towards the fuel tank a 1/4 inch because the fuel pump straps just barely contact the rear end. Rod

IMG_4783.JPG

Kinbote

Reaction score
OK, I see where you went there.. Looks good, how much noise do you get from that? I was looking @ the Walbro GSL-392 kit. Users have reported that it's fairly quiet. Quiet being relative of course..

rklein71

Reaction score
I ran steel line to and from the tank and just used rubber for the short runs. The return line I ran on the driver side of the car and the supply line is in the stock location.

moparleo

Reaction score
Like the fuel pick-up it needs to be below the level of the fuel . Where you actually put it depends on things like how your exhaust system is routed. Rear frame rails are good if you have the clearance. The after fuel filter can be mounted anywhere before the injectors.

rklein71

Reaction score
Like the fuel pick-up it needs to be below the level of the fuel . Where you actually put it depends on things like how your exhaust system is routed. Rear frame rails are good if you have the clearance. The after fuel filter can be mounted anywhere before the injectors.

Even an in-tank fuel pump is above the bottom of the tank...

Back