• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Vinyl Top

Jerry Ikemire

Reaction score
Has anyone here put a vinyl top on an e-body that was not originally a vinyl top? I like the looks and it works so well to accent other blacks I want to use when I get into paint. I'm going to be shooting a candy merlow/black cherry type color.

Rich G.

Reaction score
I did on my Cuda . You just need the 2 pieces of trim for the roof. There are 2 pieces that go on the bottom of the A pillars technically also put you could probably get away from putting them on if you can’t find them.

440rush

Reaction score
Hi Jerry, I just got my 73 Cuda back from paint today. I'm adding a vinyl top to it too. But I'm having a trim shop install it for me. My body man installed the back trim for them. I got my top from Year One but it's not installed yet. It should be about 2 more weeks before I can get it to the trim shop. If it would help you out I could text pictures of the trim before the vinyl top id installed. PM me your phone # if you're interested in pictures or measurements. Chet

Last edited:

440rush

Reaction score
Jerry, I forgot to add that I don't have the A pillar trim pieces for mine. The back pieces came from either Year One or Classic Industries. I don't think either one had the A pillar trim pieces.

DrEamer

Reaction score
I had this done like 30 years ago at a local boat top/ upholstery shop. The same shop is in business, but now the son runs it and said that they can still do it. Then they did not have to have the trim, but instead they ran a rail system, and put a matching vinyl trim on as pictured below. I don't know if they can still do it, but it is another option.

Also, I am putting a vinyl top on my new project that was not originally that way, but this time I am using original trim on the back. The shop knew I was having it painted and said not to make it pretty, just make sure it was sealed good, since he had to scuff the roof to help the glue adhere to the vinyl top.

Top.jpg

Back