• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New Member, two recently acquired E Bodies

Flamed34

Reaction score
Thanks for having me. I joined a month or so back but never got around to posting. Finally catching up.
I recently bought 2 E Bodies in less than 1 1/2 months.
The first is a 1970 Challenger - early build (Sept 30, 1969). It started life as a 318, 3 speed manual on the floor with console. Factory EV2 (Hemi Orange) with black interior. It now is a 440/4 speed (18 spline). The previous owner put in the drivetrain, added power rack and pinion steering, power disc brakes, TTI headers and magnaflow exhaust, new Hurst shifter and pistol grip, had front seats recovered with correct kits, headliner done, and new quarter on the passenger's side. Bought new carpet and shifter boot (not installed). Plus a bunch of little miscellaneous stuff.
But he wasn't a body/paint man...needs a lower drivers quarter and minor work in the rockers and lower front fenders - but I do paint work on the side, so no big deal (just gotta find time!).
It still had a 3.23 open diff - but that's now a 3.55 (thanks to part of the package with E Body #2).
And then it sat for about 6 years. He approached me a year or so but I had too many irons in the fire...and approached me a couple of months ago. The wait was worth it - I bought it for half of what he wanted a year ago, and less than what I would pay for the 440 and 18-spline.
I added the R/T hood
E Body #2 is a 1973 Cuda - divorce sale. Original TX9 interior/exterior with chrome mirrors and white stripe. Originally 340/4 speed. The 'Cuda is basically a shell, but came with new floors installed, a low mileage 360/727 with new water pump, pan, oil pump, etc. I also got the following with it:
1. Brand New 3.55 Sure Grip from Dr. Diff never installed (now in the Challenger).
2. New AAR Hood
3. New 70/71 Cuda tail pan
4. New drivers side lower quarter
5. 383 Edelbrock Performer Intake with 600 cfm carb (traded the intake for a Performer Intake for the 440)
6. Brand new wheels and tires that have found their way to the Challenger at least for now
7. A bunch of miscellaneous parts. I may end up with a bunch of 400s and 727s out of the deal - I actually hired the guy after the fact and he's getting ready to sell his house and move closer.
It'll need a Passenger's side quarter, a deck lid, trunk floor, and some work on the roof skin (might be easier to replace the whole skin)
But again - a good deal. The 3.55 and AAR hood were equal to the cost of the whole shebang!

20190506_202102.jpg

20190629_090230.jpg

20190629_172344.jpg

64972332_2375738679348089_5427819694037925888_n.jpg

340challconvert

Reaction score
:welcome: to FEBO from New Jersey
Looks like two great e body pick ups.
Both look to have a lot of potential.
Looking forward to seeing what you do with them!

Dino2 (1).gif

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from mid Michigan. I would say you caught up pretty dang fast. Nothing like having both a Challenger and a Cuda.:thumbsup:

Flamed34

Reaction score
I'd say the two best colors to own! Welcome
Awesome cars! Did they come with fender tags and build sheets?

Fender tags for both, but only the Challenger still had the build sheet tucked behind the seat. The Cuda's interior is completely missing (other than a section of the dash with the VIN that matches the body VINs)...blank slate, depending on what I decide to do with it.

jf_ebody

Reaction score
Wow, very nice! What rack and pinion setup is in the Challenger?

greatscot3

Reaction score
Thanks for having me. I joined a month or so back but never got around to posting. Finally catching up.
I recently bought 2 E Bodies in less than 1 1/2 months.
The first is a 1970 Challenger - early build (Sept 30, 1969). It started life as a 318, 3 speed manual on the floor with console. Factory EV2 (Hemi Orange) with black interior. It now is a 440/4 speed (18 spline). The previous owner put in the drivetrain, added power rack and pinion steering, power disc brakes, TTI headers and magnaflow exhaust, new Hurst shifter and pistol grip, had front seats recovered with correct kits, headliner done, and new quarter on the passenger's side. Bought new carpet and shifter boot (not installed). Plus a bunch of little miscellaneous stuff.
But he wasn't a body/paint man...needs a lower drivers quarter and minor work in the rockers and lower front fenders - but I do paint work on the side, so no big deal (just gotta find time!).
It still had a 3.23 open diff - but that's now a 3.55 (thanks to part of the package with E Body #2).
And then it sat for about 6 years. He approached me a year or so but I had too many irons in the fire...and approached me a couple of months ago. The wait was worth it - I bought it for half of what he wanted a year ago, and less than what I would pay for the 440 and 18-spline.
I added the R/T hood
E Body #2 is a 1973 Cuda - divorce sale. Original TX9 interior/exterior with chrome mirrors and white stripe. Originally 340/4 speed. The 'Cuda is basically a shell, but came with new floors installed, a low mileage 360/727 with new water pump, pan, oil pump, etc. I also got the following with it:
1. Brand New 3.55 Sure Grip from Dr. Diff never installed (now in the Challenger).
2. New AAR Hood
3. New 70/71 Cuda tail pan
4. New drivers side lower quarter
5. 383 Edelbrock Performer Intake with 600 cfm carb (traded the intake for a Performer Intake for the 440)
6. Brand new wheels and tires that have found their way to the Challenger at least for now
7. A bunch of miscellaneous parts. I may end up with a bunch of 400s and 727s out of the deal - I actually hired the guy after the fact and he's getting ready to sell his house and move closer.
It'll need a Passenger's side quarter, a deck lid, trunk floor, and some work on the roof skin (might be easier to replace the whole skin)
But again - a good deal. The 3.55 and AAR hood were equal to the cost of the whole shebang!

View attachment 62351

View attachment 62352

View attachment 62353

View attachment 62354
Hello and welcome.
I've got a '70 Challenger and a '74 Cuda 440/Tremec 5 spd. clone also.
Great minds.
I have twin boys and we like to take both units on cruises and shows.
Nice cars you have.

202310141.jpg

202310142.jpg

202310143.jpg

Xcudame

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO from the desert! Nice e-bodies! I too have two e-bodies! 70 Challenger and 71 Barracuda.

Back