• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Plug and play headlight relay harness?

440forPOWER

Reaction score
Hello, I was reading some old posts about a plug and play headlight harness with the relays wired in. Does anyone know who was selling these? And if they still offer them? Thanks

John Rimel

Reaction score
Hello, I was reading some old posts about a plug and play headlight harness with the relays wired in. Does anyone know who was selling these? And if they still offer them? Thanks

You cannot go wrong with the kit that Crackedback produces. Professionally built with quality parts. I have the kit in two of my rigs. Really makes a big difference in your headlight performance.

Adam

Reaction score
What are you working on?

For those of you who are considering this mod, it is an easy matter to make your own.

On my Challenger I mounted the relays behind the left front headlights to keep the relays cool, short wires to the battery, and hides them from plain view. On my old Dodge Carry-all I mounted them on the inner fender, next to the battery.

Wiring is simplicity itself: 1: Hot from battery, 2: ground, 3: input from switch (old headlight power wire), 4: output to light (spliced to go to each headlight). One relay for low beams, one for high beams.

I also used relays to power my dual electric fans. Mounted below the horns, short power wire from the alternator output stud, ground, input from temp sender, output to fans.

Last edited:

John Rimel

Reaction score
What are you working on?

For those of you who are considering this mod, it is an easy matter to make your own.

On my Challenger I mounted the relays behind the left front headlights to keep the relays cool, short wires to the battery, and hides them from plain view. On my old Dodge Carry-all I mounted them on the inner fender, next to the battery.

Wiring is simplicity itself: 1: Hot from battery, 2: ground, 3: input from switch (old headlight power wire), 4: output to light (spliced to go to each headlight). One relay for low beams, one for high beams.

I also used relays to power my dual electric fans. Mounted below the horns, short power wire from the alternator output stud, ground, input from temp sender, output to fans.

Agree, however if you are looking for plug and play in a nice bundled harness Crackedback is the way to go. Where inWA state?

rklein71

Reaction score
I grappled whether to hide my relays in my 71 Barracuda build. I decided to mount them next to the radiator in front of the battery on the core support. I have easy access to the relays. I bought a relay box kit from Ebay and now have relays for my headlights, dual fans, and AC. I built a headlight harness with heavy duty connectors for future headlight upgrades. Rod

IMG_4626.JPG

Last edited:

tony tav

Reaction score
Hi guys like to jump in on this post, I see crackedback on a or b bodies, was wondering if . And how do you get in today with him to order one

crackedback

Reaction score
Thanks for the referrals. I got knocked off a ladder in late June and it was a tough go for a while. Contact with folks was spotty and I'm better now. I'm not on this site as much as FABO and FBBO. I see messages over there much more easily than here.

My kits are engineered for stock mopar electrical systems. I will also build the kits to whatever length the customer wants, relay location, etc. as long as it makes sense.

I appreciate the patronage.

Rob

Back