• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Looking for 1971 Dodge Challenger Tail light Panel Reflector

Tirekickertoo

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm searching for the right inner reflector for a 1971 Dodge Challenger tail light panel. The reflector I want to replace has a large chip in the red plastic reveling the white reflector underneath. My initial internet search tells me that the reflectors are not reproduced. Is that true? Also, I've read that the inner and outer tail panel reflectors are different sizes. Is that true? How hard is it to replace this reflector once I find one?

Thanks for your help,

Tirekickertoo

Adam

Reaction score
I am also looking. I need at least three, but my intact one is kind of faded and would look like crap next to new ones. Yes, they are different sizes...thanks Dodge.
I believe they are just held on with adhesive.

Steve340

Reaction score
I think you can only get them used. They are stuck on with double sided tape but the reflector has a shiny aluminium foil behind it. The tape is stuck to the foil.

71droptop

Reaction score
Hi Guys- I got 2 of the outer ones. Reproductions from Laysons.
Yes the inner Reflectors are larger...
I have been hounding them...been told for a year they are on the way...
Just called them today..Waiting for their reply..
Let you know

Adam

Reaction score
I ordered a set from Laysons. I am concerned about the appearance because Layson’s catalog description says they get glued to the surface of the lens. This is incorrect, the originals were glued to the metal space between the lenses... also the bottom edge of the repo reflector appears to be open. I am wondering if these are supposed to be glued on top of an old reflector. I will post my findings, and pictures, when I get them.

Update: they are on back order... and have been for a loooong time.

Last edited:

skip69donzi

Reaction score
I’m currently hunting for a set of those tail panel reflectors myself. Any help is greatly appreciated. Looking at Layson’s site now.
Thanks

floyd

Reaction score
If you have the tail panel removed from the car, I would recommend gentle heating from the back side with a heat gun to soften the adhesive.

Charlie71rt

Reaction score
A company called penatstar or penstar reproductions used to sell them but I don’t know if they are still in business, I didn’t google it

Charlie71rt

Reaction score
I know this is not much help but somewhere there is a mold with the part number and logo exactly like OE. I got them many years ago at Carlisle they had so much stuff they had 3 different spots in the swap meet
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

skip69donzi

Reaction score
Maybe I don’t quite understand your message. You are saying what exactly, you have a set for sale or you know who is making them from an exact mold, clarify please thanks

Back