• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Cherry Bombs For A 2019 Challenger

Challenger Doge

Reaction score
Hi, All:

My son just purchased a 2019 Challenger and wants to put cherry bombs on it.

3 websites he looked at said labor was under $200, which clearly indicates a quick bolt-on job.

However, a local Mopar mechanic who owns a service station told me it would be a custom pipe job from front to back, costing at least $1,000.

Which is it?

Thanks, guys.

Adam

Reaction score
I would look for a system someone took off an SRT Challenger; I saw one, nearly new for $200. It would be an upgrade for your son’s car and factory fit...

Rob C

Reaction score
Try doing it yourself for super cheap.
Raise car up, look carefully, use your head, , compare mufflers, think about the job, measure twice, cut once.

moparleo

Reaction score
Challengers came with many different engines. Which one is his ? If it is an SXT or GT he won't like the sound. How old is he that he even heard about Cherry Bombs ? Glass packs are ancient technology and not very efficient. More back pressure than current hi-performance mufflers.

Rob C

Reaction score
Cherry bomb has revamped there line up in full.
Check it out.

Challengers came with many different engines. Which one is his ? If it is an SXT or GT he won't like the sound. How old is he that he even heard about Cherry Bombs ? Glass packs are ancient technology and not very efficient. More back pressure than current hi-performance mufflers.

Challenger Doge

Reaction score
He has a base model SXT. This is hilarious! He heard about cherry bombs from me, of course. Back in 1985 they were all the rage.

You sound knowledgeable. What do you recommend.

Thanks

Rob C

Reaction score
I know this wasn’t directed at me, so, 2 cents worth here.
The glass packs from yesteryear normally necked down on the inside. This is the first thing to kill performance in any system. Current glass packs must be eyeballed for this. There are other companies that make these items that retain the full inside diameter as the exhaust piping.
(IIRC, the Magna flow glass packs retain the inside diameter all the way through.)

Check the Cherry Bomb site for there line of mufflers and take note! They also have traditional muffler cases that are nothing more than traditional looking mufflers but are indeed nothing more than glass packs. Hooker, Magna flow, Borla, Dyno Max, etc... all have similar units.

The best way to go about this muffler change is to go for the sound you want/are looking for and just swap out the mufflers. The rear resignator (sp?) can be deleted easy enough @/or replace with something else.

Having owned a ‘15 SXT, I did take a good look at the exhaust system. As designed, the mufflers are the only thing holding back power for this well designed set up save of course headers, IF you can find those for the V6.
They probably won’t add any meaningful power of the exhaust manifolds on a otherwise stock engine considering the very good exhaust manifolds employed from the factory.

Lastly, after the mufflers are changed out, the addition to a better air inlet is all you can do as far as hard parts are concerned for your basic hop up on these cars/engines before a computer re flash is needed. There just not that flexible of a computer to handle much more.

These changes can add about 30 or so more HP.

He has a base model SXT. This is hilarious! He heard about cherry bombs from me, of course. Back in 1985 they were all the rage.

You sound knowledgeable. What do you recommend.

Thanks

Back