• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Slant six Kowalski Challenger

greatscot3

Reaction score
1970 Dodge Challenger | eBay
Looks good check out the trunk floor, would be rare with it's original engine.
Hey AussieMark
That's a beautiful car. I have a slant six challenger and I love driving the thing. The front suspension was all rebuilt and it handles great without all that extra iron from a V8 up front.
I notice this one has had the exhaust manifold replaced. My slant six kept cracking one rear arm of the exhaust manifold so I ended up taking all of that off and going Clifford Performance with a water heated intake and a 4 bbl 390 Holley. I also had a friend at his muffler shop put in a dual exhaust behind the Clifford header with a true X pipe and dual flowmasters. It sounds like a cross between a deep French Horn and a pissed off bumblebee when I put my foot in it and it raps back. It is unique and it sips gas.
I kept all of the original stock stuff but I don't miss it at all. If you buy this Challenger and want to go with a different intake and exhaust, look for Clifford Performance, Doug Dutra and Offenhauser aftermarket equipment. Good luck and I have no idea if you intend to keep the slant six but if it is any help, I love mine and I'm keeping it just like it is.
Let us (me) know if you buy it. BTW, these are rare and getting more rare by the day.
ChallengerGold1.jpg
ChallengerRing.JPG

/sixchall

Reaction score
DC416F17-230E-4952-96D2-148CA6FD1124.jpeg
099AE667-D5A8-4D94-B2DE-7DD30F0F1165.jpeg
0EF48AA0-B1BB-4827-912D-CAFA4BCB6898.jpeg
I also own a Slant6 Challenger. After I returned from overseas I purchased my 1970 Challenger Slant6 car in 1972, it was a trade-in with 40k on the clock. 47 years later after daily driver service and 3 engines, 2 trans and 2 rearends it has 522k my miles behind it. It’s been retired since 2005. Looks as clean as when I drove it off the dealership lot.

EE64F179-A49D-450E-AECF-374BF7730623.jpeg

greatscot3

Reaction score
View attachment 62855 View attachment 62854 View attachment 62853 I also own a Slant6 Challenger. After I returned from overseas I purchased my 1970 Challenger Slant6 car in 1972, it was a trade-in with 40k on the clock. 47 years later after daily driver service and 3 engines, 2 trans and 2 rearends it has 522k my miles behind it. It’s been retired since 2005. Looks as clean as when I drove it off the dealership lot.

View attachment 62856

Man that is so cool. Its also beautiful and it puts mine to shame. That's the nicest one I've seen even in front of that red on red on red on red, red convertible. Love the 225 magnum! I've looked around trying to get a number on how many are left and I don'
ChallengerSardineLake.jpg
t know.
In my own defense, I have less than 100K miles and except for the engine goodies, it is bone stock and original. I got it from the original owner's grand daughter and I hounded them unmercifully. It went like this: Sell me the Challenger. NO. x about 134 times and suddenly yes. I said you are effing with me and they weren't. It came from a Grandpa in Southern OR. He brought it to CA and the first thing he did was get a ticket for 90+ in a 55.
I think any big block owner might be surprised how that car handles without the heavy V8.

aussiemark

Reaction score
I really do wish I could get this car but I don't have the space and need the money to finish other projects. I just hope whoever is lucky enough to get it has the common sense to leave it original and not build another R/T big block replica. I bet there would be more 1970 Challengers with Hemis then Slant engines, just out of curiosity was the Slant engine even optional in the 1971 E bodies I can't recall ever seeing one.

aussiemark

Reaction score
I see one person has bid on it, why would you bother bidding if you were serious you would just hit the buy it now it's only 1k more why risk missing out on such a cool car.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Love the slant six Challengers.
Years ago I picked up a slant six Chally convertible with a three speed on the floor. The car had sat in a yard for years and had rust. Was going to put it together for an old girl friend. Ended up selling it in the early 90’s. Car was plum crazy w a black interior and was pretty original. Wish I had kept it.
:steering:

Back