• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New Member 73 Challenger restoration

Adam Mullins

Reaction score
I’m glad to be here! And I’m sure I’ll be trying to soak up as much knowledge as possible from some more experienced Mopar fanatics. I’m new to the Mopar world.

Send knowledge my way any and all assembly post paint information.

533B02F1-1216-4E4E-BFBC-73F78DAE2667.jpeg

B3CC4D80-E91A-4C51-ABB0-4A19EE1D3470.jpeg

budascuda

Reaction score
Glad you joined, she is a beauty!
I am convinced that the members, as a whole, know every thing about E bodies.
We'll help you along...

Adam Mullins

Reaction score
Welcome from NW CT. Just ask - we are here to help man...
Grady, I need some diagrams or something to put the front grille and facia in place properly along with the hood latching system and door glass and quarter glass installations.

I know I’m throwing a lot at you brother haha

Grady Cain

Reaction score
Grady, I need some diagrams or something to put the front grille and facia in place properly along with the hood latching system and door glass and quarter glass installations.

Part of us helping is teaching others how to help themselves. Factory service manuals and/or parts manuals are invaluable tools when taking on a project like yours. I don't know how far apart your car is. Are the window regulator assemblies together and in the car or are they on the bench? Do you know if you have all the hardware and other ancillary parts (bumpers, felts, guides, etc...?) There is a lot to installing the side glass in an E body - too much to type! I attached some info from the factory parts manual for the quarter glass - hope it can help in some way. The factory service manual has step-by-step instructions on how to install and adjust the side glass. They are available in CD format for around $20.00 - an inexpensive and worthwhile investment.

Attachments

• 5868655-QuarterWindow.pdf
    34.1 KB · Views: 164
  • 5868657-1973PassengerCarcartcatalog.pdf
    27.7 KB · Views: 162

Adam Mullins

Reaction score
Part of us helping is teaching others how to help themselves. Factory service manuals and/or parts manuals are invaluable tools when taking on a project like yours. I don't know how far apart your car is. Are the window regulator assemblies together and in the car or are they on the bench? Do you know if you have all the hardware and other ancillary parts (bumpers, felts, guides, etc...?) There is a lot to installing the side glass in an E body - too much to type! I attached some info from the factory parts manual for the quarter glass - hope it can help in some way. The factory service manual has step-by-step instructions on how to install and adjust the side glass. They are available in CD format for around $20.00 - an inexpensive and worthwhile investment.
Thank you very much! I appreciate the time you took out to talk to me and send me that information. I’m all about self educating myself and figuring this thing out on my own. I will certainly be looking into getting a factory service manual !

Adam Mullins

Reaction score
Adam
:welcome: to FEBO from New Jersey
Glad you joined up, looks like a great project
Like the color of your Challenger!
View attachment 62907
Thank you! I’m taking my time with it with no rush to complete. I’m making sure I take all the right steps and no shortcuts. However I am building this car to be a driver car not a show car. I want to be able to enjoy it all the time whenever.

moparlee

Reaction score
Adam, welcome to the site from mid Michigan. Looks like you do have the the drive train installed. The links that the guys have provided should help you out with your interior, glass, front grill. Do you have the parts and pieces on hand?

Adam Mullins

Reaction score
Adam, welcome to the site from mid Michigan. Looks like you do have the the drive train installed. The links that the guys have provided should help you out with your interior, glass, front grill. Do you have the parts and pieces on hand?
I do have most of the parts and pieces on hand. One thing I don’t have and it seems to be hard to come across is the front trim piece that bolts to the nose of the hood. And I am missing some interiors pieces.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Adam, I checked the two links above; they are zip files and download when you click on them.
An icon should appear at the bottom left of your screen. You then click on the icon to open the documents which you can then save on your pc.
Cant get these links to work for some reason .

Back