• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Right Stuff Brake Kits

Old B5

Reaction score
Has anyone used a Right Stuff disc brake conversion kit on their car? Are they any good?

Rapidfire

Reaction score
I have installed it on my 71 Chevelle and everything fit and worked perfect. Thinking of installing a set on my 70 challenger this fall!

Old B5

Reaction score
Well I ordered the 4 wheel disc brake conversion kit for my 70 Challenger and I know it was a mistake. Kit seemed ok until I started to install it. Then I realized I didn’t get the hardware to mount the caliper bracket to the spindle. I contacted Right Stuff directly and they said since I bought it from Classic Industries I need to get with them. Classic told me they would take care of it. 2 days later Classic calls me and says “It is taken care of and the supplier is shipping you the parts directly”. The next day Classic calls me and says the hardware is back ordered and will not be in stock for 2 weeks.

In my opinion Right Stuff sent the kit knowing that it didn’t have all of the hardware. Shady company to deal with. I wouldn’t recommend them to anyone.

I know it’s not really their fault but Classic Industries hasn’t been very helpful either.

Rapidfire

Reaction score
Well I ordered the 4 wheel disc brake conversion kit for my 70 Challenger and I know it was a mistake. Kit seemed ok until I started to install it. Then I realized I didn’t get the hardware to mount the caliper bracket to the spindle. I contacted Right Stuff directly and they said since I bought it from Classic Industries I need to get with them. Classic told me they would take care of it. 2 days later Classic calls me and says “It is taken care of and the supplier is shipping you the parts directly”. The next day Classic calls me and says the hardware is back ordered and will not be in stock for 2 weeks.

In my opinion Right Stuff sent the kit knowing that it didn’t have all of the hardware. Shady company to deal with. I wouldn’t recommend them to anyone.

I know it’s not really their fault but Classic Industries hasn’t been very helpful either.
I've gotten 2 kits from classic industries one front disc brake set up and a rear disc set up. They have both been complete and installed great. I have also called The Right Stuff directly and they were very helpful! There are a lot of parts in the kits. Things aren't always perfect! Sounds like both company's were following proper protocol and working on the problem. Nothing you can do if the parts are on back order 2 weeks. At least they were taking care of their mistake. That doesn't make a company shady IMO. Classic Industires called you up twice and was working on getting the rest of the parts?! Just trying to find the logic, otherwise every company would be shady by your standards!

Old B5

Reaction score
There’s more to the story I just tried to shorten it. I called Right Stuff directly and they didn’t even want to hear about their mistake because I didn’t buy directly from them. They made the mistake not Classic Industries.

The thing that bothered me about Classic is that they called and told me the parts were on the way. The next day they are delayed 2 weeks. Not blaming Classic it’s out of their hands.

Rapidfire

Reaction score
Things must be changing at the Right Stuff!? It's been about 3 years since I've dealt with them. If that's the way it went down then I can see why you are justified in feeling that way! I hope they don't continue to do business that way. Thanks for the info. I might have second thoughts on doing more business with them in the future! Best regards.

Old B5

Reaction score
So to update anyone who cares it’s been 2 weeks since the back ordered hardware I’ve been waiting on still hasn’t arrived. Must be some special bolts. No calls or e-mails keeping me updated either. They already have my money so obviously they don’t care. Don’t be like me and just spend the extra money and go with a different company like Willwood

Huskidrive

Reaction score
I bought a Right Stuff front disc brake conversion kit from P-S-T. It's been a year and I still can't get the brakes to work. Solid pedal but no pressure to the brakes. Plenty of vacuum at idle. Booster holds vacuum, no leaks. Pedal linkage adjusted properly. They said it could be the rod between the booster and master cylinder causing "pre-load.They suggested putting washers between the Master Cylinder and booster....still no brakes.....Bled the system at least 10 times. Plenty of fluid passing thru the calipers so I know the proportion valve is working.

rbbruno3

Reaction score
I had an issue with my Willwood master and brake setup. I bleed mine several times took the MC off and bleed a couple times still no brakes. My problem was the push rod was not long enough.I tried to change the pivot point on the pedal changing the throw. that didn’t work so I lengthened out the rod about a 1/2 an inch . Problem solved.....

Huskidrive

Reaction score
I had an issue with my Willwood master and brake setup. I bleed mine several times took the MC off and bleed a couple times still no brakes. My problem was the push rod was not long enough.I tried to change the pivot point on the pedal changing the throw. that didn’t work so I lengthened out the rod about a 1/2 an inch . Problem solved.....
Thanks, I'll look into that.

Huskidrive

Reaction score
Still no brakes. The mechanic is fed up. What would I need to go back to manual brakes. If the master cylinder is good I can use it on my disc/drum setup and just eliminate the vacuum booster. Will I need an adapter plate so it bolts up to the firewall?

Cooter 14

Reaction score
I also had a night mare with the right stuff on my daughters 70 cuda 2 years ago I did not get any help at all for our problems the main problem could never get the air out of the system all they would say I must not know what I am doing we finally went with Millwood I'm 68 years old and have been working on these mopars ever since I was 14 years old if that's their final answer I don't kneed that head ache

Huskidrive

Reaction score
On my reply to you I meant willwood
I had the booster and master cylinder replaced. The mechanic said the brakes work now. I couldn't take it for a test drive due to bad weather. I'll know the final result this week. 64 here! I've owned this car since 1974.

Back